- Springfield, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The candidate shall provide qualified support to the government in the development of policies, procedures, and business process and/or financial management system improvements that enable agency fiscal compliance and audit remediation efforts. The contractor shall perform primary functions as follows:
- Develop staff packages and supporting materials
- Prepare and deliver briefings to NGA, FM, and/or oversight agency senior leadership as necessary.
- Develop clear and concise NGA policies and procedures within the NGA governance framework related to accounting, budgeting, financial execution, fiscal law, and travel.
- Manage agency coordination of draft financial management policies.
- Vet policies promulgated by other NGA directorates for compliance with laws and regulations (specifically, laws and regulations related to accounting, budgeting, fiscal law, and travel).
- Provide financial policy advice, guidance, and interpretation to NGA Components.
- Utilize office tools to document and track frequently asked questions, fiscal law issues, taskings, and policy inquiries.
- Administer support agreements received by FM for coordination for fiscal issues to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and ensure the agency equities are documented.
- Advise NGA Components on fiscal matters to ensure fiscal compliance with minimum impact to mission.
- Edit FM directorate documents (e.g. staff packages, policies, terms of reference, studies, strategies, meeting summaries, etc.) for accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Engage NGA Components to develop, review, and implement policies to support audit readiness or remediation to ensure conformance with agency standards.
- Collaborate with the NGA Corporate Policy Office to prepare draft policies for agency coordination and comment and coordinate revision of draft polices for publication.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance, with a CI poly preferred
- 8 years of demonstrated specialized experience in a federal financial management function such as an accountant, financial auditor, financial analyst, or financial system analyst.
- 6 years of demonstrated specialized experience in developing clear and concise policies and procedures related to accounting, budgeting, financial execution, and travel.
- Demonstrated specialized experience researching and interpreting appropriations law as well as specialized experience in application of the Anti-deficiency Act.
- Certified Public Accountant or other professional financial certification.
- Demonstrated experience, within 5 years of the date of release of Amendment 2 of this RFP, with a Momentum-based financial management system.
- Demonstrated specialized experience with DoD or IC financial management business processes and financial systems.
- Demonstrated specialized experience reviewing and coordinating support agreements, interagency agreements, memorandums of understanding, or memorandums of agreement
- Travel may be required within the Washington National Capital Region (NCR) on an as-needed basis for customer or corporate requirements.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law