DTRA Intelligence Analyst (TS/SCI)
- Reston, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
As a DTRA Intelligence Analyst, you will provide embedded and reach back support to Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) and Emerging Threats efforts and operations executed by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) and its partners. You will conduct multi-layered research and analysis to support CWMD and counter-improvised threat operations and support DTRA’s research and development of tactical, operational, and strategic initiatives to CWMD and Improvised-threats in CONUS and OCONUS locations. As required, you will interact directly with deployed partners during the development of analytical products to meet unit and subordinate element requests for information. As required, you will plan, develop, and deliver tailored analytical capabilities and tools training to supported consumers and partners.
While deployed, you will embed with supported organizations to assist operational and tactical commanders, their staffs, and subordinate units with fusing operations and intelligence information to enhance their effectiveness against CWMD and Emerging Threat networks. You will identify and analyze problems, and generate recommended solutions based upon experience working with elements of the DOD, interagency, and international partners. Most deployments are 120-180 days in length.
While providing reach-back support, you will directly support embedded teammates; answer requests for support from other tactical units; and work closely with a wide variety of units, institutions, and partners. You will assist with pre-deployment training/preparation, conduct professional development within the Operational Analysis Team, and mentor new members of the team to ensure they are ready to deploy and succeed.
You will work closely with other members of your team to identify adversary WMD pathways and capabilities and to illuminate adversary probable intentions, activities, and vulnerabilities.
Travel up to 50%.
- Current Top Secret/Specialized Compartmented Information Security Clearance.
- More than one year supporting Joint Intelligence Preparation of the Operational Environment (JIPOE) analyzing environments that contain WMD as a system of pathways, networks, relevant actors, resources, and extant and potential capabilities.
- More than one year of deployed Intelligence analysis experience within the Combatant Command AORs.
- You must also possess the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- You should be able to provide daily feedback to the team lead on product development.
- Be deployable to the required theater of operations, usually conducting periodic travel within CONUS and six-month deployments to OCONUS locations.
- Willing to work rotating shifts if needed - that may include nights and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree and more than three years of experience, or an associate's degree and five years of experience, or seven years of relevant work experience.
- More than three years of experience conducting network analysis in support of attack the network or CBRN/WMD operations to include counter-facilitation.
- More than three years of experience working with DIA's Defense Counter-Proliferation Office (DCP), and/or DIA’s National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI).
- More than ten years of military experience, and/or a combination of military and IC Agency experience, including recent combat deployments, and be well-versed in all areas of military intelligence.
- Expert understanding of the WMD activity continuum covering the spectrum of WMD activities from intent to use.
- Expert understanding of network analysis tools such as Analyst Notebook and Palantir.
- Expert understanding of Intel-related databases such as M3, TAC, NCTC Online, TIDE, ICReach SIGINT database, Cultweave SIGINT database, PROTON SIGINT Database.
- Practical understanding of geospatial Intel tools such as ArcGIS and Google Earth.
- Must be able to work independently with some government oversight and function effectively as part of a team in a joint working environment
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law