DTRA Irregular Warfare Analyst (TS/SCI)
- Reston, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
As a Irregular Warfare Analyst, you will serve in both a deployed and reach back role, conducting irregular warfare analysis in support of Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) and Emerging Threats efforts and operations executed by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) and its partners. You will provide support to SOF and conventional organizations by combining irregular warfare concepts and doctrine with structured analytical techniques to illuminate WMD Supply and Demand Networks and deny the ability of state or non-state actors to gain or transfer access to weapons, material, technology, and expertise. Irregular analytical support is provided to policymakers, planners, and operational forces engaging these threats.
While deployed, you will embed with organizations to assist operational and tactical commanders, their staffs, and subordinate units and apply irregular warfare analysis to enhance their effectiveness against threat WMD networks. You will apply irregular warfare analytic expertise and make recommendations for future products and anticipate customer analytical requirements. Most deployments are 120-180 days in length. While providing reach-back support, you will directly support embedded teammates; answer requests for support from DTRA Directorates and work closely with a wide variety of units, institutions, and partners. You will assist with pre-deployment training/preparation, conduct professional development within the Irregular Warfare Analysis Team, and mentor new members of the team to ensure they are ready to deploy and succeed. Among the topics, you will analyze are WMD pathways that take advantage of preexisting networks (both licit and illicit) to facilitate the movement of people, material, information, infrastructure, and money.
Travel up to 50%
- Current Top Secret/Specialized Compartmented Information Security Clearance.
- Minimum one-year experience in forward-deployed locations supporting Counter Threat Network (CTN) operations.
- Minimum two years of experience conducting analysis of irregular warfare problem sets to highlight threat network organizations, key nodes, and vulnerabilities.
- Minimum three years of experience providing analytical support to SOF organizations.
- You must possess the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- You will be able to provide daily feedback to the team lead on product development.
- Be deployable to the required theater of operations, usually conducting periodic travel within CONUS and six-month deployments to OCONUS locations.
- Willing to work rotating shifts if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience, or associate degree and seven years of experience, or nine years of relevant work experience.
- More than three years of experience conducting irregular warfare network analysis in support of Counter Threat Network (CTN) operations.
- Formal training or more than three years of practical experience utilizing the CALEB or Irregular Warfare Analysis methodology.
- Expert understanding of the WMD activity continuum covering the spectrum of WMD activities from intent to use.
- Expert understanding of network analysis tools such as Analyst Notebook and Palantir.
- Expert understanding of Intel-related databases such as M3, TAC, NCTC Online, TIDE, ICReach SIGINT database, Cultweave SIGINT database, PROTON SIGINT Database.
- Expert understanding of Intel targeting tools such as the Skope toolset or the Voltron toolset.
- Practical understanding of geospatial Intel tools such as ArcGIS and Google Earth.
- Must be able to work independently with some government oversight and function effectively as part of a team in a joint working environment.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law