Senior Functional Analyst (Developer)
- Springfield, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
- Developing and implementing solutions to financial data management challenges using advanced Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Structured Query Language (SQL), SQL Server, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel technologies.
- Leading research and stakeholder interviews to document and understand requirements (data inputs and outputs), business processes, and existing data challenges with an eye toward developing and implementing process improvements.
- Performing in-depth analysis to understand the links between business processes, data inputs, information requirements (outputs), and potential solutions.
- Coordinating and participating in system engineering and technical exchange meetings to support quick resolution of architectural, design, system interoperability and policy issues.
- Coordinating and participating in milestone events to include requirement reviews, design reviews, and program management reviews.
- Collaborating with other FM stakeholders to load quarterly budget authority.
- Developing and implementing financial business system enhancements for GEO-F
- After operational needs for enhancements or system changes are assessed, define and develop technical requirements and specifications for development and test.
- Leverage knowledge of financial management processes, software, applications, tools, and systems with a vision toward process improvement.
- Understanding and supporting organization’s performance management, metrics and measures
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a business related field such as Business, Finance, Accounting, Management, Computer Science, Economics.
- 12 years of total experience in assessing federal financial business processes, developing financial systems options, and implementing system solution to include demonstrated experience with federal financial management including all aspects of programming, planning, budgeting, execution and/or accounting. In addition to above, specialized demonstrated experience in the following criteria (total 8 years)
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience in executing or writing advanced Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and Structured Query Language (SQL) scripts for testing and execution
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience in identifying system options and business process recommendations to improve business processes through coordinating with many stakeholder group OR demonstrated experience with system software development activities that may include requirements definition, process mapping, configuration management, and system testing supporting Momentum-based financial systems.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience communicating technical issues and working knowledge of United States Standard General Ledger (USSGL) in accordance with treasury guidelines
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in supporting Momentum-based financial systems implementation, upgrades and enhancements
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience with system software development activities that may include requirements definition, process mapping, configuration management, testing, and user support.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in financial programming, planning, budgeting, execution and/or accounting in Momentum based application
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience with NGA’s business processes and key financial data and reports
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience with system administration functions related to Momentum financials
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law