Operations Research Analyst (ORSA)
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The DTRA Strategic Integration (SI) Directorate supports the mission of the Director DTRA by shaping DTRA’s response to the challenges and priorities set forth in the National Defense Strategy, focusing the Agency’s operations, activities, and investments (OAIs) in a manner that maximizes their cumulative effect in support of our warfighting customers. To accomplish this, full spectrum CWMD support requires a flexible, timely, and responsive subject matter expert (SME) workforce to support the CWMD mission within and external to DTRA, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Staff, Combatant Commands, Services, other U.S. Government, Departments and Agencies, friends, allies, and partner nations as appropriate at home and abroad.
This contract is focused on providing fully integrated Advisory & Assistance Services (A&AS) support to the SI Directorate in the daily performance and execution of the DoD CWMD mission. The A&AS support requirements for these efforts mostly fall into these areas as summarized below:
- Strategic planning and strategy management for development and execution of the Agency’s Vision, Mission Goals, and Objectives.
- operational-level planning for development and support of joint CWMD mission strategy, plans, policy, and doctrine. Scientific, technical, analytical, advocacy support to enhance CWMD capabilities and support to the Planning, Programming, Budget, and Execution (PPBE) process.
- Technical, scientific, operational, and policy-related advice and administrative support to CWMD Groups, Committees, Organizations, and Inter-Agency Coordination Functions.
- Agency-wide strategic planning, strategy management, and implementation, performance management and measurement analysis, operations research analysis, policy integration, and organizational assessment support.
- Regional engagement, coordination, analytical, operational, and technical support.
- Conduct of WMD elimination mission planning, exercises, and operations, actions, and initiatives (OAIs).
You will provide expert advice and analytical support for data collection/ management, performance management/ measurement, and organizational assessment efforts as well as support strategic and operational level analysis of Agency and DoD-wide strategy, policy, doctrine, decisions, trends concepts, and studies. You will support the establishment, management, and execution of a formal Agency Assessment framework.
You will serve as a study/research/assessment team leader/member working with groups internal and external to the Agency tasked to develop solutions to complex problems where initial source or research data are typically inadequate, inappropriate, or lacking while focusing efforts on the Agency Strategic Strategy assessment.
You will provide expert advice and data visualization support in conjunction with the Operational Research Analysis to develop and maintain organizational assessment products for internal and external Agency use. Additionally, you will maintain current and developing visualization training and protocols to ensure Agency products are modern and effectively present analysis in a manner that is easily viewed and understood.
- 9+ years of experience with a master’s degree. Additional experience conducting Operations Research may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in mathematics and statistics.
- Ability to prepare, present, and defend professional written evaluations and reports for supervisor and senior leaders within the Agency.
- Current Top Secret/Specialized Compartmented Information Security Clearance.
- 12 years of experience conducting operations analysis in support of DoD, CCMDs or Services as military, government and/or contractor support.
- Master’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Experience with SAS, Python, or similar programming language.
- Experience with CWMD, CIT, or CTN policies and procedures.
- Ability to summarizes, synthesize, and clearly communicate complex analyses in simplified terms.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law