Cost Estimating Acquisition Specialist
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- Clearance: Secret
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The Department of Defense's (DoD) CTR Program is a threat-based, counter-weapons of mass destruction (CWMD) Program. The Department works cooperatively with allies and partners to reduce or eliminate WMD threats. The DoD's CTR Program is guided by the 2017 National Security Strategy, 2018 National Defense Strategy, and the DoD Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Strategy. Its primary purpose is to reduce and eliminate WMD threats. The cooperative nature of the DoD's CTR activities yields a secondary benefit of strengthening regional alliances, deepening existing partnerships, and attracting new partners. Consequently, through the CTR Program, the DoD has helped create a network of like-minded allies and partners with increased threat reduction capabilities that contribute to and advance the interests and security of the United States of America.
The CTR Program directly supports United States (U.S.) national security objectives and initiatives by:
a. the safe and secure transportation and storage of nuclear weapons, nuclear weapons-usable or high-threat radiological materials, nuclear weapons components, and associated delivery vehicles; and
b. the elimination of nuclear weapons, nuclear weapons components, and nuclear weapons delivery vehicles.
2. Preventing the proliferation of nuclear and chemical weapons, weapons components, and weapons-related materials, technology, and expertise.
3. Preventing the proliferation of biological weapons, weapons components, and weapons-related materials, technology, and expertise, which may include activities that facilitate detection and reporting of highly pathogenic diseases or other diseases that are associated with or that could be used as an early warning mechanism for disease outbreaks that could affect the Armed Forces of the United States or allies of the United States, regardless of whether biological weapons cause such diseases.
4. Preventing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction-related materials, including materials, equipment, and technology that could be used for the design, development, production, or use of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the means of delivering such weapons.
5. Carrying out military-to-military and defense contacts for advancing the mission of the Program.
- Provide expertise to assist in the development of program sustainability assessments through participation in meetings, trips, workshops, and related information gathering events to determine the ability of partner countries to accept and sustain CTR programs.
- Produce Sustainment Plans, analyses, cost estimates, economic assessments, and related supporting documents.
- Provide expertise and hands-on support for the preparation of procurement request packages for new awards as well as modifications
- Provide programmatic expertise to support all program financial management-related activities.
- Provide expertise to assist with cost estimating to include Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs) & Rough Order of Magnitude estimates (ROMs), proposal cost/price analysis, Unliquidated Obligation (ULO) analyses and reconciliation, and other financial management activities to support CTR acquisition program execution and DTRA/DoD Comptroller requirements.
- Travel up to 10%
- Education/Experience: The candidate must possess a Master's Degree and over 10 years of relevant experience; Bachelor's degree plus 18 years of experience; no degrees must have 22 years of experience
- Federal Acquisition life-cycle expertise.
- Knowledge of federal and DoD contracting (i.e., FAR and DFARS, DoD Series 5000) requirements.
- Proficient in drafting (for Government approval) Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE), Rough Order of Magnitude estimates (ROMs), proposal cost/price analysis, and other financial management activities.
- Experience working with the U.S. government on areas concerning national security.
- Familiarity with State-level and regional WMD threats.
- Familiarity with nonproliferation obligations, approaches, and objectives.
- International engagement experience.
- Excellent communication, written, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects which includes prioritizing, tracking, attention to detail, follow-up, and follow-through to project completion.
- Flexibility/adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates with a Secret, Top Secret, or Top Secret/SCI clearance are preferred.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law