Financial Management Analyst (CPA)
- Springfield, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
- Develop staff packages and supporting materials
- Prepare and deliver briefings to the Intelligence Community, FM, and/or oversight agency senior leadership as necessary.
- Review audit reports, business process internal controls, and supporting financial documentation to identify audit impediments, such as lack of effective controls or substantial non-compliance with laws and regulations, and provide recommendations.
- Complete corrective actions which may include performing analysis and reconciliations of financial transactions; documenting business processes and internal controls; and providing training to business process owners.
- Research fiscal statutes, regulations and oversight guidance.
- Assist in the development and administration of the agency Triannual Review Program.
Audit Liaison additional specific tasks:
- Coordinate MCAP deliverables with business process owners, issue taskings, and assist with monitoring goals and milestone targets for completion to ensure each applicable line item identified in the MCAP is addressed and resolved.
- Manage incoming Prepared by Client (PBC) requests, assign PBC owners, and manage PBC status on a daily basis to include updating the master PBC tracker and database, and providing metrics.
- Perform quality control on submitted PBC items as required and respond to auditor questions or coordinate meetings between process owners and auditors.
- Manage communications with internal and external entities to include PBC requests to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS).
- Manage the Notice of Findings and Recommendations (NFR) process to include receipt and distribution to finding owners for factual accuracy and final acceptance.
- Provide analysis of NFRs for proper causal factors and recommendations, advise process owners of concerns over narrative.
- Provide administrative support to the I.C. Audit Committee.
- Respond to request for populations at auditors request.
Policy Development and Maintenance additional specific tasks:
- Develop clear and concise I.C. policies and procedures within the I.C. governance framework related to accounting, budgeting, financial execution, fiscal law, and travel.
- Manage agency coordination of draft financial management policies.
- Vet policies promulgated by other I.C. directorates for compliance with laws and regulations (specifically, laws and regulations related to accounting, budgeting, fiscal law, and travel).
- Provide financial policy advice, guidance, and interpretation to I.C. Components.
- Utilize office tools to document and track frequently asked questions, fiscal law issues, taskings, and policy inquiries.
- Administer support agreements received by FM for coordination for fiscal issues to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and ensure the agency equities are documented.
- Advise the Intelligence Community Components on fiscal matters to ensure fiscal compliance with minimum impact to the mission.
- Edit FM directorate documents (e.g. staff packages, policies, terms of reference, studies, strategies, meeting summaries, etc.) for accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Engage I.C. Components to develop, review, and implement policies to support audit readiness or remediation to ensure conformance with agency standards.
- Collaborate with the I.C. Corporate Policy Office to prepare draft policies for agency coordination and comment and coordinate revision of draft policies for publication.
Internal Controls and Compliance additional specific tasks:
- Manage the I.C. Key Fund Control Personnel database processes, requirements, and records.
- Develop, administer, and sustain I.C. IPERIA program in accordance with OMB A-123, Appendix C.
- Support integration of IPERIA program execution with the Agency Financial Report in accordance with OMB A-136.
- Monitor vendor pay, travel pay, funds control, training payments, and other processes and operations.
- Conduct Electronic Funds Transfer payment reviews.
- Develop, administer, sustain, and report I.C. Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) program in accordance with OMB A-123, Appendix A, including new requirements and appendices as issued.
- Develop and sustain narratives and flowcharts in swim lane or other specified formats for end-to-end financial business processes.
- Document and assess the control environment surrounding DoD and I.C. financial and feeder systems to achieve ICOFR compliance and audit readiness.
- Provide recommendations of alternatives for corrective actions related to deficiencies in accounting, financial management, internal and management controls, and other financial operations.
- Research, develop, and coordinate new internal controls necessary to ensure compliance with Federal guidance and I.C. policies.
- Identify risks and prevention areas for fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Conduct compliance reviews to improve the control environment.
- Conduct testing and documenting conclusions related to Internal Controls over Financial Systems (ICOFS) -- I.C. compliance with FMFIA section 4 and FFMIA section 803(a) requirements (e.g. USSGL compliance and system requirements).
PP&E additional specific tasks:
- Support the Intelligence Community with the identification of accounting issues and valuation methodologies for capital acquisition programs.
- Assist with defining requirements, aligning work activities within Statements of Work, and establishing contract structures to segregate capital and expense work activities.
- Advise and assist with the accounting treatment and general ledger account assignment for Contract Line Item Numbers (CLIN’s).
- Attend program, contract, budget, finance, and other relevant meetings to assist in determining accountability and valuation of assets.
- Review proposed and executed contract change orders/modifications to support identification and segregation of capital and expense cost elements.
- Perform review of I.C. obligations to ensure that assigned accounting treatments and general ledger accounts were correctly applied during the fund's execution process.
- Respond to PP&E audit-related inquiries as part of the financial statements audits or other audits and participate in meetings and other interactions with auditors as needed.
- Support and/or execute PP&E audit ability corrective actions and other tasks associated with, or related to, PP&E as identified in I.C. Corrective Action Plan.
- Review project expenses for Next I.C. West (N2W) to complete standard vouchers to move indirect costs to the Construction-in-Process (CIP) general ledger account and to track CIP so that assets are completed and put into service based on the Real Property Management Manual.
Financial Reporting additional specific tasks:
- Support the preparation and reconciliation of monthly departmental budget execution reports and data calls, including maintenance of system reports and other tools.
- Support the preparation of financial statements, footnotes required supplementary stewardship information, required supplementary information, and supporting documentation.
- Review general ledger and transaction-level data and perform variance analysis to identify and correct errors in financial balances in coordination with applicable stakeholders.
- Support all activities pertaining to the production of the Agency Financial Report.
- Identify process improvements and develop and/or update business process documentation and standard operating procedures, as needed.
- Support financial system improvement and automation efforts impacting financial reporting deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated specialized experience in a federal financial management function such as an accountant, financial auditor, financial analyst, or financial system analyst.
- Certified Public Accountant or other financial certification such as, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Governmental Financial Manager (CGFM), and Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Intelligence Community business processes and financial management systems.
- Demonstrated specialized experience with DoD and IC financial management business processes and financial systems.
- Prior internal or external financial statement audit experience.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law