Management Analyst (Journeyman)
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- Clearance: Secret
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The Department of Defense's (DoD) CTR Program is a threat-based, counter-weapons of mass destruction (CWMD) Program. The Department works cooperatively with allies and partners to reduce or eliminate WMD threats. The DoD's CTR Program is guided by the 2017 National Security Strategy, 2018 National Defense Strategy, and the DoD Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Strategy. Its primary purpose is to reduce and eliminate WMD threats. The cooperative nature of the DoD's CTR activities yields a secondary benefit of strengthening regional alliances, deepening existing partnerships, and attracting new partners. Consequently, through the CTR Program, the DoD has helped create a network of like-minded allies and partners with increased threat reduction capabilities that contribute to and advance the interests and security of the United States of America.
The CTR Program directly supports United States (U.S.) national security objectives and initiatives by:
a. the safe and secure transportation and storage of nuclear weapons, nuclear weapons-usable or high-threat radiological materials, nuclear weapons components, and associated delivery vehicles; and
b. the elimination of nuclear weapons, nuclear weapons components, and nuclear weapons delivery vehicles.
2. Preventing the proliferation of nuclear and chemical weapons, weapons components, and weapons-related materials, technology, and expertise.
3. Preventing the proliferation of biological weapons, weapons components, and weapons-related materials, technology, and expertise, which may include activities that facilitate detection and reporting of highly pathogenic diseases or other diseases that are associated with or that could be used as an early warning mechanism for disease outbreaks that could affect the Armed Forces of the United States or allies of the United States, regardless of whether biological weapons cause such diseases.
4. Preventing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction-related materials, including materials, equipment, and technology that could be used for the design, development, production, or use of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the means of delivering such weapons.
5. Carrying out military-to-military and defense contacts for advancing the mission of the Program.
- Assist in the development of program sustainability assessments to determine the ability of partner countries to accept and sustain associated DOD programs.
- Conduct long-term sustainability analyses
- Produce analytical reports and acquisition program plan supplemental materials to document the ability of partner governments to sustainment and property lifecycle management of DOD-provided equipment
- Assess risks and risk management plans.
- Assist the government with the review of programs and mission support/integrating contractors’ sustainability support plans and concepts.
- Support production of sustainment plans, analyses, cost estimates, economic assessments, and related supporting documents.
- Participation in meetings, trips, workshops, and related information gathering events.
- The candidate must possess a BA/BS and at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience leading a team of three or more.
- Experience working with the governments in areas of national security.
- DoD SECRET clearance
- Travel up to 10%
- Strong familiarity with DoD.
- Excellent communication, written, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects which includes prioritizing, tracking, attention to detail, follow-up, and follow-through to project completion.
- Flexibility/adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates with a Secret, Top Secret, or Top Secret/SCI clearance are preferred.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law