Enterprise Cloud Engineer
- Reston, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
We have the technology, but do we know how to use it? In an industry where “cloud” is sometimes synonymous with “genie,” it’s important to have someone on your team who knows how to engineer cloud based and hybrid on-premise and cloud-based solutions. That is why we need you, an engineer who knows how hardware and software components fit together and integrate with cloud-based resources, to help us modernize mission critical, cutting edge systems.
As a cloud engineer on our team, you’ll apply specialized knowledge of cloud-specific technologies and services, leverage expertise in the Cloud Command Line Interfaces (CLI) and Cloud SDKs, comprehend cloud architectural constructs, and establish and maintain cloud environments programmatically using vendor consoles or third party tools. You will build enterprise systems and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions to provide direct technical engineering, deployment, and sustainment support across the Cloud architecture and solution life cycles. You will recommend tools and capabilities based on your research of the current environment and knowledge of cloud-based resources. You will work with our cloud team to inform strategy and architecture design. This is an opportunity to stay on top of the latest cloud resources as you lead efforts to prototype using multiple techniques and new technologies. You will be able to broaden your skillset into areas cloud security, and DevOps while developing critical systems for DoD agencies. Join our team as we transform outdated on-premises infrastructure into modern scalable architectures by taking advantage of cloud technology.
Empower change with us.
- 2+ years of experience in a cloud engineering role including experience with deploying, operating, and maintaining web-based IaaS and PaaS applications
- Experience with designing cloud environments using DevOps and Continuous Integration and Deployment tools
- Experience with engineering solutions in a multi-cloud environment, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) services, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of allocating, configuring, and monitoring cloud-based resources, including virtual machines, storage, and networking components
- Ability to follow established systems engineering and software development principles
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience with Managed Services and Security Accreditation processes
- Experience with third-party tools,including Docker, Kubernetes, and Ansible
- Experience with working in defense cloud environments, including AWS Government Cloud
- Experience with multiple operating systems, including UNIX, Linux, and Windows
- Ability to work within a collaborative team and a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to be a self-motivated, continuous learner with expertise in the cloud
- AWS or MS Azure Certification
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law