- Reston, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
Coaches data ingest and data science teams on scrum principles, helps them focus on sprint goals and to achieve their highest performance level, to ensure the scrum project is successfully progressed. Assists teams with backlog triage and task prioritization. Assists leads team with aligning development execution with core capability development objectives. Applies advanced consulting skills and/or extensive technical expertise, full industry knowledge. Develops innovative solutions to complex problems. Works without considerable direction; mentors and may supervise team members. 5+ years directly related experience.
- Experience with data design principles, data science concepts, such as Machine Learning (ML), and tools, techniques, and methodologies associated with big data platform software and data development.
- Extensive knowledge of JIRA and Confluence toolsets to enable improvements to software and data development team workflows.
- Ability to lead teams in daily scrum sessions to align daily requirements to technical software delivery strategy.
- Strong oral presentation and technical writing skills.
- 5+ years of experience supporting Department of Defense-related software development efforts.
- Direct experience in lead roles with teams performing data science or data preparation, including Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) concepts.
- Knowledge of big data architectures and requirements for preparing data for analytics.
- Knowledge of data sources in the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) used to answer intelligence questions and drive operations.
- Bachelor's Degree or above in technology-related field.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification or above preferred
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law