Business Analyst, Public Trust
- Fredericksburg, VA 22401, USA
- Clearance: Public Trust
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is committed to providing our Nation’s veterans with timely, accessible, and high-quality care. VA intends to honor this commitment by improving performance, promoting a positive culture of service, increasing operational effectiveness and accountability, advancing healthcare innovation through research, and training future VA clinicians. The Office of Community Care (OCC) administers health benefits programs for veterans and their family members. In June 2018, Congress passed the VA Maintaining Systems and Strengthening Integrated Outside Networks Act of 2018 (MISSION Act). This legislation consolidates VA’s community care programs into a new Veterans Community Care Program that will help to ensure veterans choose VA by getting them the right care at the right time from the right provider.
Red Gate provides executive support services to ensure OCC is positioned to address the ever-changing healthcare landscape and the ongoing improvements of the new Veterans Community Care Program. The Business Analyst supports VA Contracting Officers and other VA contracting personnel in managing the administrative requirements of OCC contracts and programs.
- Gathers business requirements, models process flows, and designs use cases
- Uses a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphical, and scheduling tools to assist in administering healthcare contracts;
- Collects and converts highly technical concepts and data into understandable, written narratives;
- Assists in developing complete contract requirement packages encompassing program requirements, options, funding, delivery schedules, lead times, quality assurance, environmental issues, and reporting requirements;
- Reviews contract files to ensure compliance with applicable VA and federal guidelines;
- Reviews and maintains guidebooks, standard operating procedures, and desk references; and
- Provides analysis, validation, research, planning, and design in support of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 6 years of experience performing the duties and responsibilities described above in a related field
- Knowledge of business operations, business processes, and/or technology environments
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office software package
- Knowledge of federal and/or VA acquisition policies, guidance, and regulations
- Familiarity with government contracting, procurement, and acquisition
- Operational understanding of healthcare contracts and programs
- Experience supporting federal government customers (previous VA experience highly valued)
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law