Senior Strategic Planner
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The Strategic Planner provides the DTRA Research and Development (R&D) Directorate with strategic planning functions for a coordinated, integrated strategic planning effort across the DTRA enterprise.
Specific duties include:
- Provides RD with strategic planning functions for a coordinated, integrated strategic planning effort across the DTRA enterprise.
- Responsibilities include supporting and publishing long and short-range strategic guidance and revising RD's strategic goals and objectives. Develop, coordinate and recommend strategic planning policy and assist with the development of or changes to RD's strategic guidance and objectives aligned with DTRA's overall strategic focus, plans, policies, guidance, and objectives. These strategic planning activities will be coordinated with DTRA HQ and other Directorates, as required.
- Perform administrative actions as directed
- Establish relationships, cultivate relationships, and coordinate communications with Combatant Commanders, Military Services, National Laboratories, other Defense agencies, Federal customers, international partners and organizations, and industry to enable mission success for project-wide efficiencies
- Aids in the development of the PM strategic messages, both internally and externally
- Facilitate update and coordination of Science and Technology and Research and Development strategic planning documentation and presentations
- Facilitate strategic planning group/sessions
- Support the preparation, presentation, and coordination of input for the long-term goals of the Directorate, assisting Project Managers and Leads in preparation for external engagements with stakeholders (e.g., DoD and other Defense forums, Working Integrated Product Teams, and Program Reviews, etc.)
- Review and provide input to programmatic documentation and presentations
- Provide expertise to advise and assist in policy and process development, implementation, and improvement
- Assist in identifying strategic objectives for R&D consistent with Agency vision, goals, and objectives, continually evaluating the national security strategic environment and recommend changes in vision, goals, and objectives
- Provide strategic workforce planning expertise, including analysis of DoD workforce priorities and DTRA planning guidance, developing a critical skills inventory, comparing the skill set to current and anticipated project needs, supporting development of the R&D workforce investment goals and objectives, and coordination and development of R&D’s Strategic Workforce Plan
- Assist in development and review of strategic communication messages, budget/program briefs for R&D stakeholder linking high-level vision to executable operational priorities
- Provide technical, administrative, and logistical support for planning, implementing, and evaluating program activities, including responses to taskers and inquiries; preparation for meetings, including hosting, provision of read-ahead materials, facilitation, agenda development, and note taking; preparation of budget and financial execution information, program reports, and tracking tasks
- Conduct and report on meetings and working groups, including strategic management reviews, technology quarterly reviews, liaison meetings with CCMDs, Services, OSD NCB, the JPEO and other internal and external stakeholders for R&D
- Masters or Doctorate degree with 15 years of experience or Bachelors with 20 or more years of experience
- Experience working with DTRA RD or related programs
- Minimum of 10 years of experience strategic planning and communications and program management support
- PMI PMP certified or ability to obtain within six months
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to effectively communicate with senior leadership
- Experience leading complex projects with a large, functionally diverse workforce
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law