Senior Corporate Accountant
- Chantilly, VA, USA
- Clearance: Unspecified
This position will help lead the accounting department and ensure the on-schedule creation of organizational financial records. The team is responsible for closing Red Gate’s books, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of reporting our monthly and quarterly results including the reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and account analysis.
• Execute the month end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
• Job Costing
• Assist in other areas of operation as requested by management, including working knowledge of employee benefit arrangements
• Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of government contract accounting and DCAA compliance
• Follow and improve upon established internal control systems to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements
• Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks
• Record vendor invoices into the accounting system
• Balance sheet accounts reconciliations
• Reconcile monthly credit card statements
• Handle all semi-monthly payroll information, including maintaining accruals, deferrals, and GL posting and interfacing with external payroll services for payroll entry
• Bachelor's degree higher in Accounting or Finance
• Full-cycle accounting knowledge and experience, including but monthly source documents, financial close, adjustments, and reconciliations of books of accounts.
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees, customers, suppliers and senior management.
• Handle difficult situations, which require diplomacy and tact, with professionalism and efficiency.
• Experience with pricing issues and policies.
• 3-5 years’ experience with an academic background in either finance, accounting or business management
• Proficient with Deltek Costpoint software
• Strong analytical and accounting skills
• Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• CPA certification a plus
• Government contractor and job cost accounting experience a plus
• Familiarity or experience with DCAA audit and compliance reporting is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Management Accounting.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed or CPA Candidate
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.