Budget Analyst - Top Secret
- Northern, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
Red Gate is seeking a Budget Analyst to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Research and Development (RD) Program Management Office (PMO) Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) contract.
Specific duties include:
- Analyzes, advises, and provides technical assistance in preparing budgets/cost analysis, and seeks new ways to improve efficiency and lower costs
- Reviews proposed financial plans for completeness, accuracy, conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives.
- Seeks new ways to improve efficiency and lower costs.
- Perform administrative actions as directed.
- Assist with developing and tracking budgets and spending plans for a wide-ranging portfolio across multiple fiscal years
- Assist with tracking project expenditures, supporting the development of funding award documentation, and development/maintenance of program review materials
- Provide technical and logistical support to the client and be prepared to provide insight for internal taskers
- Assist with acquisition /contracting strategy for R&D projects and programs
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing stakeholder meetings and tracking project deliverables
- Assist with managing and developing the PPBE process as well as developing budget/program briefs
- Masters or Doctorate with 5-15 years of experience; Bachelors with 10-15 year of experience; or Associates degree with 15 or more years of experience
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition policies
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills for interface with customers and with team members
- Knowledge of contracting procedures
- Strong Excel, database, pivot table, and PowerPoint abilities
- PMI PMP certified (desired)
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law