- Reston, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
As a Data Scientist, you can turn complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection to cancer research to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your skills to deliver critical data insights to the warfighter to support countering threat networks. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs and then build capabilities to unlock answers from a data-rich environment to help put together the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll construct robust data pipelines through the development and application of supervised and unsupervised machine learning approaches, help develop neural networks, identify and apply the latest industry-leading approaches to tough data challenges, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help DoD elements at the tactical edge make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in countering threat networks.
Empower change with us.
- 2+ years of experience with high-level languages, including Java and Python
- 1+ years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data storage, including Accumulo, Cloudbase, HBase, or Bigtable
- Experience with containerized software development and deployment, including Docker
- Experience with Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and processing large data stores
- Experience with streaming data frameworks, including Apache Kafka and Spark
- Experience with using Agile software development methods in a DevOps environment
- Experience with developing solutions and integrating and extending free and Open-source software (FOSS) or COTS products
- Ability to exhibit flexibility, initiative, and innovation when dealing with ambiguous and fast-paced situations
- TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience with various intelligence disciplines, including GEOINT, HUMINT, MASINT, OSINT, and SIGINT and the data and tools associated with these disciplines
- Experience with deploying applications in a Cloud environment
- Experience with designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
- BA or BS degree
- DoD 8570 Compliance Certification, including Security+ or CISSP
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law