Hybrid GIS Analyst
- Reston, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
As a hybrid Geographic Information Systems (GIS) analyst on our team, you’ll explore new data sources, create effective visualizations, and combine information from disparate sources to help your client understand their operational landscape. You’ll utilize GIS applications to deliver time sensitive, operationally relevant analytic products and capabilities to warfighters and other deployed personnel. You will research, conceive, and develop innovative modeling & simulation tools, applications and services that support real-world mission planning and execution. In addition, you will have the opportunity to apply knowledge of emerging threats posed to various systems, technologies, operations, or missions and the likely behavior of adversaries. Finally, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing technical innovations/efficiencies to automate complex analytic workflows.
This is a chance to grow your expertise, develop new skills in geospatial analytics and 3D visualization, and share your skills with other analysts. We focus on growing as a team to deliver the best support to our customers, so you’ll have resources for mentoring and learning new skills and tools. Join us as we provide the right information at the right time to support the critical needs of our warfighters.
- Experience with including AutoCAD, ArcGIS, SocetGXP, Sketchup, QT Modeler, Unity3D, and Google Earth
- Experience with a scripting language including Python, Ruby, Perl to customize and enhance GIS tools
- Knowledge in GIS/Terrain Analysis, 3D Modeling, or Explosives Simulation
- Ability to effectively multitask and operate with limited or ambiguous customer requirements in a fast-paced environment
- TS/SCI Clearance
- BS degree OR 5+ practical experience
- Experience with Enterprise level GIS Tools including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Portal, and/or GeoServer
- Experience with force protection or physical security assessments/analysis
- Experience collaborating with users/clients to understand operational requirements
- Experience building solutions that directly enable the mission of US Military or US Intelligence Community clients
- Experience with optimizing code for memory, CPU, and file constraints
- Knowledge of SIGINT Basics & Analysis
- Ability to switch between different programming languages and learning new ones as necessary
- Ability to use effective communication skills in a team-based environment
- Ability to use GIS tools to analyze SIGINT databases
- DoD 8570 Compliant Security+ or CISSP Certification
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law