- Arlington, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
- Advise customer and onsite planning team on the use of standard editorial practices, United States Government Publishing Office Style Manual, Federal Plain Language Guidelines, DHS Brand and Identity Program, and CISA style guidelines.
- Review and edit documents to ensure proper grammar and formatting; clarity, flow, and consistency; and compliance with customer style guidelines and document templates.
- Apply Federal Plain Language Guidelines to ensure planning documents and other communication products are written at an appropriate level for the intended audience.
- Verify references, footnotes, acronyms, and other supporting elements of documents under review.
- Review content, style, design, and layout of tables, graphics, and other visual elements in documents to ensure they support and enhance the rest of the material under review.
- Conduct research and collaborate with document authors to revise and rewrite deficient manuscripts in order to achieve document objectives.
- Prepare documents developed by others for final approval, printing, and distribution to ensure deliverables convey what they are intended to say, are arranged logically, present facts to support conclusions, and are in accordance with CISA strategy and policy.
- Develop various communication products (including memoranda and other correspondence, briefing slides, talking points, and fact sheets) to advance customer projects and initiatives.
- Research and acquire knowledge of the customer's core mission areas to aid in the selection and presentation of the appropriate information in assigned products.
- Create document templates for use internally and across customer organizations.
- Assist federal technical writers in developing supplementary editorial standards and processes, as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree (emphasis in English or Communication preferred) with at least 5 years of experience editing, writing, or reviewing government strategy, policy, or planning documents
- Significant experience applying rules in commonly used style guides/manuals (United States Government Publishing Office Style Manual or Modern Language Association Style Manual preferred) to review written products
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office software package
- Experience supporting federal government customers
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable working independently or as part of a small team
- Ability to work collaboratively to produce high-quality results under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with Federal Plain Language Guidelines, desktop publishing software, and basic principles of graphic design.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law