Information Operations Specialist
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
The IO Specialist responsibilities include reviewing and assessing all aspects of the customer’s mission, in accordance with the DTRA BSA SOP for the IO Specialist, relating to:
- Cyber issues and integration employment of the core capabilities of electronic warfare (EW)
- Computer network operations (CNO)
- Military information support to operations (MISO)
- Military deception and operations security (OPSEC)
- Identifying all aspects of IO-related issues and providing recommendations to mitigate or eliminate identified vulnerabilities.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (BS) in a Computer Science related technical discipline with coursework in the areas of evaluating, installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting computer and network hardware components and operating systems. In lieu of a degree, commensurate operational experience may be substituted.
- Possess a minimum of (10) ten years of operational training and experience in the military, other Federal Government, or comparable civilian position in information operations.
- Possess IO and Cyberspace Operations (CS) experience and IAT Level II certifications as defined and described in Joint Publication 3-13 Information Operations, and 3-12 Cyberspace Operations, DoDI 8500.1and DoD 8570.01 and 8570.01-M.
- Possess working knowledge of DoD’s IT systems and network certification and accreditation processes to include system security authorization agreements.
- Possess or be able to gain the following minimum set of professional Information Technology (IT) or security certifications. Reasonable timelines for the acquisition of new certification requirements by current or future IO Specialists shall be subject to mutual agreement between contractor and DTRA based upon the number and types of certifications individual requires to fully meet requirements. CompTIA Security+CE and CEH, GSNA or CISA as listed in DoD 8570.01-M
- Demonstrate the ability to progress through established professional technical and IA certification tiers within an established time period per the DTRA/J10MAB Information Operations Standard Operating Procedure. Tier levels include Minimum, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert, Elite.
- Possess working knowledge of the Department of Defense's Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert processes.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include an ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations, reports, and white papers.
- Mastery level experience working hands-on with Computer Network modeling software.
- Mastery level experience working hands-on with Computer Network vulnerability/compliance analysis software.
- Possess a Master’s degree or higher in the scientific or technical field.
- Expert in the performance of in-the-field vulnerability-based assessments in the technical area of Information and Cyberspace Operations.
- Have experience with SkyBox Security software.
- Possess CEH, Wireshark Certified Network Analyst (WCNA), GCIH, and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) information technology certifications.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law