Junior Acquisition Analyst
- Fredericksburg, VA 22401, USA
- Clearance: Public Trust
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
Provide financial management support, including:
- Analyzing contracts, modifications, invoices, and other financial data;
- Conducting financial strategy and planning;
- Tracking current contracts, modifications, and new acquisition expenditures;
- Assisting in the preparation of cost estimates and analyses for acquisitions;
- Preparing summary reports for review and analysis;
- Performing compliance, monitoring, and evaluation; and
- Reviewing and providing comments on financial documents, as requested.
Provide cost and pricing support, including:
- Performing cost estimation and analysis, formulating budgets, and scheduling resource allocations;
- Reviewing cost proposals;
- Assisting in the preparation of independent cost analyses based on the current market or other data;
- Evaluating statistical analyses of financial data;
- Preparing and maintaining automated toolsets for cost analyses;
- Using automated project scheduling and cost tracking software to support critical data and integrated master planning analyses;
- Performing economic analyses for evaluating the total and marginal costs of alternative ways to accomplish strategic business functions; and
- Assisting with comparative cost studies to determine whether specified operations should be privatized or outsourced.
Support the development and analysis of the expected life cycle costs of programs, commodities, and services.
Provide advice, recommendations, and document support in all areas of the acquisition requirements phase.
Assist in preparing pre-award Statements of Work, Statements of Objective, and other requirements documentation, including specifications and standards, performance measures, and evaluation criteria.
Provide acquisition strategy support, including:
- Providing advice and recommendations for all elements in acquisition plans, options, contracting methods, competition, sources, costs, and milestone schedules;
- Researching existing government-wide contracts for available products and services;
- Evaluating different approaches to and sources for acquisition support;
- Researching available suppliers and comparing the services and costs of obtaining support from the different providers;
- Participating in acquisition strategy analysis and planning;
- Analyzing acquisition strategy methodologies and presenting advantages/disadvantages; and
- Developing document and risk assessments and recommending source selection planning information.
Prepare draft cost estimates for a broad range of programs and program offices to be utilized by the government in preparing Independent Government Cost Estimates.
Conduct research and analysis on past purchases of products or services, the current market value of products or services, and other agency purchases of similar products and services.
Support market research and market surveys, including:
- Conducting market research to identify potential sources and contract vehicles;
- Conducting market surveys and preparing written documentation of market research;
- Supporting program offices in documenting and analyzing small business capabilities;
- Preparing requests for information, sources sought notices and other electronic posting announcements;
- Assisting the VA with technology demonstrations to assess the state of the market to determine overall strategies and requirement options;
- Reviewing annual reports, executive findings, conference proceedings, brochures, and other outreach materials to support information dissemination; and
- Assisting in researching existing government-wide contracts for available products and services, evaluating different acquisition approaches, and researching available suppliers.
Assist in the development and preparation of requests for quotes, requests for proposals, and combined synopses/solicitations in draft format for review and approval by VA Contracting Officers.
Draft pre-award documents and assist in the evaluation process to support both informal and formal source selection procedures.
Assist evaluators to identify pre-negotiation objectives and assist VA Contracting Officers with discussions with Offerors.
Prepare contract award documents for task and delivery orders and stand-alone contracts.
Draft VA Contracting Officer’s Representative designation letters.
Assist VA Contracting Officers in obtaining legal concurrence, distributing contracts to appropriate parties, and entering the award data into the Federal Procurement Data System.
Provide post-award acquisition and program support, including assisting with documentation for contract modifications that do not require negotiation (e.g., exercising options).
Assist in contract closeout functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least 6 years of experience performing the duties and responsibilities described above in a related field
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office software package, including InfoPath, Access, SharePoint, and Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to recreate/transfer data from VA’s SharePoint and eCMS
- Ability to gather information from several sources and generate analysis of acquisition decisions
- Level I Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Certification in Contracting or Level I Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting
- Experience with government systems such as FORCE and eCMS
- Familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulation, VA Acquisition Regulation, and other agency policies and guidance
- Experience supporting federal government customers (previous VA experience preferred)
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law