Test Support Scheduling and Planning Program Manager
- Albuquerque, NM, USA
- Department: Growth
- Clearance: Top Secret
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
Scheduling and Planning Project Manager to apply his/her project management and acquisition planning talents as part of the RD-EC Team. The candidate will provide acquisition, programmatic, planning and scheduling support onsite to the Test Support Division RD-EC at Kirtland AFB, NM in the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) under the Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) contract. The candidate will function primarily as a division planner/scheduler working directly with the RD-ECI Resource Integration Office to provide planning/scheduling/resource allocation project management capabilities to support Research, Development, Testing & Evaluation (RDT&E) programs requiring RD-EC test team to execute tests, experiments, and demonstrations. This will include management and facilitating the Senior Review Panel, the Master Test Schedule, and other meetings to determine test team composition and test scheduling. It will also include participation in the Project Review Panel (PRP) a screening process for acceptance of new test events requiring RD-EC test team participation.
The successful candidate will have experience with and an understanding of the Department of Defense Acquisition System (DOD Directive 5000.01) and preferred experience with DoD and DTRA Acquisition Processes. The successful candidate will apply experiential knowledge to:
- Develop and update the master test schedule;
- Assist in the allocation of resources to support test programs;
- Monitor and track DTRA and external test program funds;
- Conduct spend plan management in the DTRA Spend Plan Management and Reporting Tool (SMART) for test programs;
- Monitor and track allocation of the DTRA RDT&E program funds and external RDT&E program funds;
- Prepare and maintain test event management reports;
- Support the overall management of Research and Development (R&D) programs related to cost, schedule, and performance;
- Perform research and gather data to respond to RD-EC, the Research and Development Directorate (RD), and other DTRA taskers or suspended;
- Prepare required acquisition paperwork for submission into the Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) financial system, and
- Perform various analyses as directed by RD-EC.
The successful candidate must possess the following requirements (required):
- Experience: 2-5 years professional experience in assignments of successive responsibility culminating in a minimum of 1 year as a project manager preferably in an acquisition-related field. Candidate will have a minimum of one year experience working with the DoD preferably in Research, Development, Testing and Evaluation and as such, familiarity with the Acquisition Life Cycle and various contracting/procurement methods the government uses to acquire goods and services.
- Skills/Competencies: ability to work independently and demonstrated successful project management, excellent communications at the colonel (O-6) / GS-15 level, and successful multi-year fiscal planning and execution; fully versed in MS Office software suite;
- Behaviors: team player who is not afraid to be accountable and able to take initiative, anticipate requirements, implement self-developed plans for on-time, under budget success with minimal supervision; able to manage and work multiple tasks simultaneously and successfully de-conflict multiple demands from equal stakeholders;
- Knowledge: DOD Directive-5000.01 program management, work experience with DTRA and/or the Special Operations Command (SOCOM) community, at least two years’ experience in DoD acquisition, program management or contracting is required;
- Education: BA degree in management, business, or other related training (e.g., Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Project Management)
In addition to the must have requirements, the ideal candidate will also possess the following (desired): (these are differentiators, but not requirements of the job)
- Skills: demonstrated successful project management fiscal planning and execution management of annual budgets in excess of $20 million; demonstrated skill in scheduling and planning
- Behaviors: leader willing and able to do all duties and functions of the program management team
- Knowledge: working knowledge of Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) test programs and the DoD Acquisition process
- Education: Bachelors’ degree in management, business, or other related training (e.g., previous certification as DAWIA acquisition professional, membership in DOD acquisition corps, or Certified Project Management Professional is desired.)
- Clearance requirement: Top Secret SCI
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law