Chemical and Biological Technical Project Manager
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- Department: Growth
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
A qualified professional Technical Project Manager (TPM) to provide Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) support to the Research and Development (RD) Chemical and Biological Department of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA). The successful candidate may serve as an action officer and advisor for a science and technology portfolio of projects. The successful candidate will also provide support to, and coordination of, acquisition and planning, programming, budgeting, and execution processes with emphasis on chemical and biological threats.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance with acquisition /contracting strategy for CBRN projects and programs;
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing stakeholder meetings;
- Assist in the setting project and product-level strategy and priorities, ensuring portfolios are responsive and mapped to program goals;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders in the CBD community;
- Advising the program team on risk assessment and risk management, technology portfolio and pipeline management, business and contracting strategies, technology transfers, and intellectual property management;
- Tracking cost, schedule and performance of biological and chemical defense-related technical projects to meet the strategic program objectives;
- Coordinating and consolidating complex, technical, programmatic, and strategic responses to support division initiatives to a variety of internal and external audiences. Instructions may be vague and require independent initiative and background research.
- Developing, reviewing and assessing documentation (e.g., alignment charts; research, development and acquisition plans; technology development strategy; technical and cost reasonableness evaluations, independent cost estimates; purchase request packages, etc.);
- Performing discrete, special interest efforts to solve problems and complete studies;
- Participating in Integrated Product Teams (IPT’s) and serving as a technical and programmatic point of contact;
- Creating products for both technical and senior leader audiences;
- Reviewing proposals, technical reports, and statements of work to ensure technical validity and evaluate current and emerging technologies and facilitate cross-communication regarding program priorities and courses of action;
- Understanding capability gaps.
- Consolidating financial measures of progress, and creating representations, for presentation to scientific-technical managers
- Assist with managing and developing the PPBE (planning, programming, budgeting and execution) process as well as developing budget/program briefs.
- Assist with developing and tracking budgets and spending plans for a wide-ranging portfolio across multiple fiscal years;
- Assist with tracking project expenditures, supporting the development of funding award documentation and development/maintenance of program review materials;
- Provide analytical, financial and logistical support to the client and be prepared to provide input and insight for internal and external requests for information;
- DoD Secret Clearance;
- Successful completion of a full course of study from an accredited college or university leading to either a bachelors or master’s degree in a Business, Accounting, Management or other equivalent field
- (X) years of relevant (Project Management, Technical, or Financial as applicable) experience;
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent communication and time management skills;
- MS Office proficiency, having strong familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in the US Government and CBRNE field at the tactical / operational / strategic levels.
- Formal training in Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition;
- Experience in Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) in chemical and biological defense;
- Ability to analyze and monitor a science and technology R&D program (multiple projects) and respective project performers;
- Prior experience with the CBDP and/or DTRA Acquisition.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) Certification from the PMI
- DAWIA certification in Acquisition or course work
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law