Nuclear Survivability PM
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- Department: Growth
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
Job Description Purpose: Provide programmatic leadership for DTRA/DoD programs for assessing the effects of EM threat environments, including electromagnetic pulse (EMP) and high power microwave (HPM)/radio frequency (RF) threats, on DoD electronic equipment, systems and critical infrastructures. Incumbent plans, manages, and evaluates R&D activities.
- Provides technical support to the Chief, High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) portfolio on aspects of EM effects on electronic equipment/systems and critical infrastructure the support DoD functions and missions.
- Coordinates program planning with appropriate DTRA and DoD activities. Prepares budget estimates and justifications to obtain required funding. Conducts program development in a manner that produces recommendation of only those activities that will provide the results for the highest priority needs within the constraints of funding. Carefully monitors program progress to recommend redirection or termination of existing activities to achieve the greatest possible return for the DoD investment.
- Initiates procurement actions for implementation of research programs by DTRA and recommends R&D activities appropriate for military service organizations. Arranges for logistical and operational support; selects contractors and Service laboratories to accomplish work. Reviews progress reports; visits sites of research and test activities.
- Ensures that results of research and test activities are appropriately documented and provided to major users. Personally writes a portion of documents in his/her area of expertise. Reviews publications prepared by others and provide written comments on policy and technical accuracy.
- Attends DoD, national, and international meetings as DTRA representative.
- Effective writing, verbal communications and critical thinking
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law