Asymmetric Threat Operations Research Analyst (ORSA)
- Reston, VA, USA
- Department: CACI
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
As an Operations Research Analyst (ORSA), you will provide support to our government client and forward-deployed units focused on countering improvised threats and the networks that finance, build, or employ such threats. Duties will include taking structured and unstructured data and distilling the information into a cohesive analytical product for the senior military audience. You will execute your mission through the integration of data from diverse intelligence disciplines, including SIGINT, MASINT, GEOINT, IMINT, and HUMINT to illuminate entities and networks of interest, supporting both conventional and other forces CONUS and OCONUS.
Your expertise will support multi-intelligence teams, social analytical teams, and special operations analytical teams and include actionable insight reporting based on data-driven analysis of operations. You will provide the subject matter expertise that is highly skilled at data mining, statistical analysis, causal analysis, and geospatial analysis. You will analyze unit operations through Operations Research techniques, produce trends assessments and analysis, C-IED analytical products and provide information to the government client regarding the effectiveness of the client initiatives.
Your work will result in relevant and timely analytical support to a range of deployed units including Regional Command, Division Support elements, US Brigade Combat Teams, regimental Combat Teams, Counter-Improvised Explosive Device (C-IED) Support Teams, Special Operations organizations, Coalition Units, Security Force Assistance and Advisory Teams (SFAATs), Provisional reconstruction Battalions, and Global Response Forces.
You will support C-IED/Counter-Improvised Threat efforts in a current theater of operations, developing pattern analysis methods formulation of recommendations to operational commanders. You will additionally facilitate data transfer from theater to CONUS, support units in mission training events, readiness exercises, and pre-deployment rehearsals.
- Eight years of experience conducting Operations Research. Three years with a master's degree
- Experience in mathematics and statistics.
- Current Top Secret/Specialized Compartmented Information Security Clearance.
- The ability to communicate both orally and in writing effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- Thirteen years of experience conducting operations analysis in support of DoD, CCMDs, or Services as military, government and/or contractor support.
- Master's degree in one of the following disciplines: Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Experience with SAS, Python, ArcGIS, and Palantir.
- Relevant deployment experience in a combat theater.
- Experience with C-IED techniques, tactics, and procedures.
- Experience with Counter-small Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-sUAV)
- Be medically deployable and willing to deploy to OCONUS theaters of operation to provide ORSA support to forward units.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law