Irregular Warfare Analyst
- Reston, VA, USA
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
As an Irregular Warfare Analyst, you will serve in both a deployed and reach back role, conducting irregular warfare analysis on threat networks that employ or facilitate the use of improvised threats such as Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs). You will support SOF and conventional units in comprehending how irregular warfare threats are organized, manned, equipped, and sustained and provide intelligence support to policy makers, planners, and operational forces engaging these threats.
While deployed, you will embed with warfighters to assist operational and tactical commanders, their staffs and subordinate units and apply irregular warfare analysis to enhance their effectiveness against threat networks. You will apply irregular warfare analytic expertise and make recommendations for future products, anticipate customer intelligence needs, and explore anomalies, new developments and trends that could impact or threaten US operational capabilities or intelligence requirements. Most deployments are 180 days in length.
While providing reach back support, you will directly support embedded teammates; answer requests for support from other tactical units; and work closely with a wide variety of units, institutions, and partners. You will assist with pre-deployment training/preparation, conduct professional development within the CACI-WGI Irregular Warfare Analysis Team, and mentor new members of the team to ensure they are ready to deploy and succeed.
Among the topics you will analyze are an insurgent political and military organization, military capabilities, and combat tactics, techniques, and procedures as well as recruitment, training, sustainment, population influence and control methodologies, material procurement, development, and proliferation, transregional logistics and financing.
- Minimum (1) one year of experience in forward-deployed locations supporting tactical operations.
- Minimum (2) two years of experience conducting the analysis of irregular warfare problem sets to highlight insurgent or threat network organizations, key nodes, and vulnerabilities.
- You must possess the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- You will be able to provide daily feedback to the team lead on product development.
- Be deployable to the required theater of operations, usually conducting periodic travel within CONUS and (6) six-month deployments to OCONUS locations.
- Willing to work rotating shifts if needed. This may include working nights and/or weekends.
- Bachelor's degree and (3) three years of experience, or Associate degree and (7) seven years of experience, or (9) nine years of relevant work experience. We will also consider (5) five years of directly relevant work experience.
- More than (3) three years of experience conducting irregular warfare network analysis in support of attacking the network operations.
- Formal training or more than (3) three years of practical experience utilizing the CALEB or Irregular Warfare Analysis methodology.
- Expert understanding of network analysis tools such as Analyst Notebook and Palantir.
- Expert understanding of Intel-related databases such as M3, TAC, NCTC Online, TIDE, ICReach SIGINT database, Cultweave SIGINT database, PROTON SIGINT Database.
- Expert understanding of Intel targeting tools such as the Skope toolset or the Voltron toolset.
- Practical understanding of geospatial Intel tools such as ArcGIS and Google Earth.
- Must be able to work independently with some government oversight and function effectively as part of a team in a joint working environment
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law