Mid-Level Ruby Developer
- Main Rd, Claremont, Cape Town, South Africa
- Employees can work remotely
A fintech platform that enables financing for postgraduate students. This company is making their mark in history as a pioneer through giving students the funding they need to reach their potential!
What would you be expected to do?
You will help extend some of the core systems and spearhead smaller projects. This role fits in the Pay domain, which focuses on the customer journey from the point where a customer’s loan is created up to where it is paid off.
- Be an integral and trusted member of the tech team
- Be a mentor to new team members and handle a full caseload of hands-on coding/ implementation projects
- You take responsibility for the state of the code you both inherit and produce. Be an expert in Python or Ruby on Rails and have strong technical knowledge across all parts of the tech stack
- Ideally you will have some experience of Python or Ruby on Rails, plus 2 years general work experience as a developer.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experience:
- 2 – 6 years’ experience in programming
- 1+ years’ experience in a scripting language such as Python, Rails or PHP
- Comfortable with development of RESTful API backends
- Experience with development of microservices
- Familiarity with Async Message Brokers such as RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with concepts such as MVC and have a basic understanding of web frameworks
- Demonstrable track record of working with a relational database, for example PostgreSQL
- You have experimented with open source tools, including github, Jenkins, and others
- Comfortable with cloud platforms such as AWS
- Capacity and inclination to learn and you must be passionate about building scalable systems
Why work for us?
- You'll gain exposure to advanced and different technologies,
- We have a very tight knit, close development team - and our goal is to share knowledge as much as possible,
- Your exposure and growth rate will be high, and you'll have the support you need to advance to the next level in your career.
We aim to get back to you within 2 weeks, please feel free to request for an update if you haven't heard from us by then. Apply here or send CVs directly to info(at)reddeerglobalinc(dot)com