- Karen Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
Maboneng is Kenya's First Luxe Restaurant with a Cultivated Selection of Tequila, Whisky, Gin and Beer Based Food & Drinks! At Maboneng, we believe that food should be creative and consistently dynamic, We are looking for innovative hospitality professionals to join and grow with our team. A Hostess is someone sharp, witty, friendly and welcoming, you will present a positive first impression of the establishment's friendliness, excellent service and high standards.
Reports to Restaurant Manager
- Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; present menus.
- Inform Guest of current promotion and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff
- Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service
- Manage the flow of Guests, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate
- Observant to Guests' needs throughout lunch/dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service (i.e. notice a drink refill is needed while seating another Guest and ensuring the drink is refilled prior to getting back to the door).
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies
- Help kitchen staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages
- Issue charges by verifying orders; totaling bill for to-go orders, website orders
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
- Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift
- Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests
- A desire to help out where needed and work as part of a team
- Passion for providing extraordinary service
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An appetite for learning (and great food)
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
- 6 months experience in a full-service restaurant preferred
- Relevant college/university qualification is desired.
Application Deadline is 15th May 2021