- Karen Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
Maboneng is Kenya's First Luxe Restaurant with a Cultivated Selection of Tequila, Whisky, Gin and Beer Based Food & Drinks! At Maboneng, we believe that food should be creative and consistently dynamic, We are looking for innovative hospitality professionals to join and grow with our team. A line cook is someone who must be prepared to work as a team memeber in a dynamic setting, follow safety procedures and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
Reports to Head Chef/ Kitchen Manager
Primary Responsibilities: Completes all assigned prep work and sets up Chef’s station. Maintains product presentations, product quality and cook time standards. Learns and prepares all menu items according to Maboneng’s recipes, plate presentations and specifications.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Prepares menu items according to Maboneng’s Recipes, Plate Presentations and specifications
- Completes all assigned prep work
- Sets up work station according to station diagram.
- Practices sanitary and safe food handling at all times
- Cleans and sanitizes the work area before, during and after shift
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects
- Organizing and Stocking inventory while being conscious of product expiration dates and supply demand.
- Restocks items as needed during the shift
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar setting - experience cooking chicken wings/ hotdogs/ Grills
- Relevant qualification from a recognized college/university
- Well organized and shows sense of urgency
- Able to track multiple orders/ able to multitask
- Works well under pressure
- Team player, works productively with others.
Application Deadline is 15th May 2021