Sales and Marketing Manager
- Kampala Road, Kampala, Uganda
Our client is a group of four large manufacturers, exporters and importers as well as distributors in East Africa with the head office in Nairobi and they are seeking a Sales and Marketing Manager (Building and Construction) to source new clients by visiting construction companies and projects and expand market share
- Overall responsibility to ensure smooth running of the sales and marketing department.
- Both domestic and export markets.
- Generate annual sales budget with monthly targets taking into account production capacity and Shareholder/directors expectations. Monitor those targets for achievement and take remedial action where the targets are not met.
- Attending meetings whenever called upon and giving feedback to the management.
- Preparing the departmental monthly reports including analysis of those reports
- Participate in efforts build on an initial awareness campaign to deepen a consumer’s connection to the company’s product
- Take a lead in generating sales lead and follow-through in converting the leads in sales.
- Generate and share constructive ideas with management that may lead to improvement in the sales and marketing department.
- Oversee the advertisement function of the Company
- Corporate representation in various regulatory bodies such as KAM, KEBS, EABC etc advocating of policy which benefits RKL.
- Market Research and development. Ensuring new opportunities are explored and that sales for all products are adequately promoted
- Ensure regular statistical reports about the market share of the company are presented to the board of Directors
- Compile and regularly review Sales and marketing department risk management strategy, policies and procedures & implementation for appropriateness including individual performance and with the help of HR department establish training needs for the department
- Create a strong network of clientele, influencers, facilitators ( regulators, policy makers) in a bid to promote the products of the company
- Contacting clients to obtain missing information, clarification and answer queries in case of any challenges from the Sales Executive
- Project monthly sales volumes and provide size wise requirements to production department for production scheduling
- Ensure Customer Order Processing targets are met and report any deviations in line with Customer Service Charter.
- Fast mover in as far as innovation for the markets is concerned in aspects that influence sales or are influenced by sales such as logistics, quality, brand awareness, technical solutions, financial solutions, pricing and availability of the products
- Credit control and management and maintain a healthy credit balance
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results needed and performing any additional tasks that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor..
- Responsible for improving client retention.
- Ensure that customers have been served satisfactorily from the time of getting the order to the time of dispatch
- Ensures safe work practices and equipment/resources are used at all times and that documentation, inspections, and current practices are in accordance with company safety policies, OSHA and other regulatory guidelines. In addition, provides a safe environment for all employees, customers, and visitors.
- Participate in identifying and evaluating risks & security concerns and ensure effective implementation of treatment plans.
- Zero incidents on missing/stolen or shortage of cash in the Sales and Marketing
- 100% accuracy on your reports.
- Good relationship with stakeholders in the company Operations.
- 100% compliance with company policies.
- Any other duty assigned by the management
- Experience in application of SAP
- Surveillance Skills
- Safety Management
- 3-4 years relevant Experience in Sales & Marketing
- Relevant Undergraduate Degree
Application Deadline is 16th December 2020