- NAIROBI, NAIROBI
Our client is a fully integrated, broad-based production company and a regional leader in the creation, production and post production of all forms of audio visual content.
The candidate will be responsible for the financial health of the company. He/she will be producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.Advising on investment, corporate financing and provide strategies that the company should take.
- Monitoring the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
· Maintaining the financial health of the organization by ensuring a strong financial structure is maintained, actively source for corporate funding and maintain optimal liquidity.
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary. Ensure organisational compliance with tax, NSSF, NHIF, labour, licencing and laws related to the industry
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risks to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly, annual reports and management reports as needed
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders and financiers in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances, international financial reporting standards and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Must have the force of character sufficient to properly represent the organization’s interests with suppliers, clients, financiers and other stakeholders and be a person of high integrity as well as team player
- A degree in finance, accounting, business management or economics;
- CPA or ACCA final qualification
- 5 years of experience in a finance or accounting role working in the service industry
- Employees management skills
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal. Public speaking skills will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of business principles and practices
- Superior attention to detail, organisational, planning, research, analyticalcritical thinking skillsandproblem-solving skills
- Advanced skills in standard bookkeeping/accounting software(s)with particular reference to QuickBooks
- Advanced Microsoft Office software skills, especially Excel
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us before 14th April 2018 . Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are located on 4th floor, Kipro Centre in Westlands, Nairobi
Get professional CV writing and cover letter here