- Nairobi, Kenya
Our client is a specialist in cement manufacturing with a state-of-the-art fully integrated cement plant, with a captive 10MW thermal power plant. They are looking for DCS Engineers to join their team in Tanzania. Applicants must be willing to relocate to Tanzania.
This position is responsible for day to day shift operation of Boilers & STG-Sets from DCS Desk in Control Room, under the instructions of Shift In charge and liasoning with field operatives.
Generating Power as per cement plant requirement & Operational Efficiency:
- Monitoring & controlling with safe Operation ofentire Power plant & utilities and ensure uninterrupted power supply to cement plant as per load requirement in shifts.
- Fulfilling the targets of aux power in various section and reduce coal consumption by effective operation of Boilers and TG wrt various load pattern.
- Close Monitoring and fulfilling the environmental compliance in shifts for operation of Boiler and TG
- Optimization of Oxygen % in Boilers wrt different load conditions and variation in coal /fuel mix quality
- Handling all type of emergency situations in Boiler and TG operation and reduce stoppage of connected load main drives of cement plant due to coal feeding or any operational problems
-Knowing the startup procedure of boiler in cold startup as well as hot startup from DCS .
-Knowing the Turbine rolling procedure from DCS
Shift Handing Over:
- Explaining the activities carried out in the shift.
- Explaining the area of concern/ area to be under observation.
- Explaining the status of Major Equipments.
- Explaining about Load management planning and stoppage drives of plant.
- Explaining about operational problems faced in shift and actions taken to solve the same & forecast actions
Routine Check after taking charge of Shift /Shift operation & Reporting:
- Checking the status of all the running drives and standby drives on Auto Mode
- Effective coordination with all department in plant for load management and follow-up with concerned HOD every time for starting and stoppage time duration and thereby avoiding extra fuel firing in Boilers and heat losses.
- Coordination for solving operational related problems in shifts (With Shift incharge,Shift electrician, Mech.Maintenance Team, E&I etc)
- Monitoring Coal Bunker level and Flyash/Bed ash Silo level, Raw Water Tank level regularly in shifts and taking corrective action for same in time.
Filling all the log sheets (Daily):
- Noting Hourly Changes made in operation of all the equipments (if any or after operation disturbance after load huge load throw-off).
- Maintain and Update shift log book with critical parameters and main activities carried out in shift and pending tasks.
- Active participation during Major stoppage activities of Boiler and Turbine and completing all assigned jobs in time
- Coordinating with Boiler Operator and completing small maintenance related jobs in the shifts
Maintenance of Equipments (Silo Level / Bed Ash Draining):
- Ensuring Boiler Operators takes care of Conveying the Disposable Material to proper place.
- Ensuring Boiler Operator is Maintaining the working place clean and workable.
- Bachelors of degree or Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- 2 to 3 yrs in CCR operation in Thermal Power Plant and adequate exposure on operation & control of similar Boiler & STG-Set
- He will be resposible for , CCR Operations
- Ability to collaborate with various functional groups
- Adequate exposure on operation & control of similar Boiler & STG-Set
Candidates who currently stay in Nairobi are encouraged to apply as interviews will be held in Nairobi.
Deadline: 10th April 2017
We are located on 4th floor, Kipro Centre in Westlands, Nairobi