Corporate Legal Assistant
- Laguna Niguel, CA, USA
Welcome, GAME-CHANGERS! Our company is looking for energetic, hungry innovators ready to take an industry by storm! As creators and pioneers of the future, Realty ONE Group is ready to flip the world upside-down and disrupt the ever-changing Real Estate Industry, while giving back to our local communities and offering an AWESOME work environment.
The Corporate Legal Assistant under the general supervision of the General Counsel, will provide administrative support to the Legal Department, including scheduling appointments and meetings, answering phones, photocopying, filing, preparing expense reports, word processing, contract and document administration, completing, organizing and maintaining department files, managing insurance certificates, corporate records, and intellectual property filings, among other related responsibilities.
- Create contract files, negotiate changes, coordinates full and final execution of all contract documents coordinating follow-ups for signatures
- Maintain contract filing system, administration, and maintenance of the legal management database, to include; monitoring, follow-up and resolution of all renewal notifications; scans and adds all finalized contracts, intellectual property filings, litigation, amendments and insurance certificates to the database
- Track all incoming legal issues: gather information to provide to GC to help assess best practices, follow-up with insurance carrier and real estate agent, calendar all due dates for responses
- Prepare transaction file for review with General Counsel and Director of Operations
- Prepare discovery for active litigation: download transaction documents from “MyRog”, gather documents and correspondence from real estate agents, coordinate with IT to gather pertinent information from existing email accounts
- Prepares draft responses to subpoenas for documents
- Calendar: meetings, court dates, subpoena due dates and interviews
- Assist in creating assignments and indemnity agreements
- Review lease agreement for terms and conditions. Provide feedback and analysis to General Counsel regarding the same
- Review and analyze contracts not requiring legal review and identify language issues and/or concerns
- Able to read and interpret the underlying purpose of contractual agreements, and knowledgeable of basic contracting terminology and phases
- Data entry into legal management database and electronic filing system
- Respond to subpoenas: prepare declarations and proofs of service
- Maintain and keep up to date records for various business entities
- Review and approve all legal bills and invoices; reconcile credit card statements
- Maintain all wage garnishments: mail out correspondence to agents, enter garnishment into master spreadsheet and respond to interrogatories
- Complete insurance applications for multiple policies; review and interpret insurance coverage
- Attend small claims court and mediations as needed
- Comfortable communicating instructions and process information to employees of all levels within the organization, including executive leaders
- Frequently interact with all levels of management outside their direct area of supervision
- Provides administrative support to attorneys on a day-to-day basis
- Answer phones for the legal department in a professional and friendly
- Make travel arraignments and prepare expense reports
- Establishes and maintains a variety of files
- Understands, displays, and embraces the company’s “coolture”
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- 2-5 years of paralegal, legal assistant, contract management, or other legal experience at a law firm or in-house legal department.
- High School Diploma is required; Undergraduate Degree from accredited college or university is strongly preferred. Paralegal certificate is also preferred.
- Must have knowledge of general office procedures and demonstrate excellent organizational and computer skills specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace; ability to be flexible and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Proven strong communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written.
- Proven ability to handle complex assignments using considerable judgment and initiative while following through on projects and commitments with speed and efficiency.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers & supervisors.
- Complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments.
- Respect and maintain the rights and privacy of staff and confidential case matters.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Corporate Legal Assistant must be able to bend, stoop, stand, and sit for various lengths of time. They must be able to lift and carry items up to 20 lbs. A clear speaking voice is necessary along with the ability to communicate clearly.
This is primarily a sedentary office classification and employees work in an office with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
The Corporate Legal Assistant must be able to multi-task various projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while maintaining a customer-centric, friendly, and professional demeanor.