BackEnd Developer (API)
- Laguna Niguel, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Welcome, GAME-CHANGERS! Our company is looking for energetic, hungry innovators ready to take an industry by storm! As creators and pioneers of the future, Realty ONE Group is ready to flip the world upside-down and disrupt the ever-changing Real Estate Industry, while giving back to our local communities and offering an AWESOME work environment. From data analytics to career events, every day will be filled with WOW moments.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate-Level Back-End API Developer to join our team.
- Develop, test, deploy, and maintain idiomatic and approachable NODEJS Express application code.
- Develop, test, deploy, and maintain API related database objects.
- Develop, test, deploy, and maintain CI/CD pipelines for multiple modern applications on Linux platforms (Amazon Web Services platform preferred).
- Compare various possible solutions and determine the one which best fits the need based on industry standards, best practices, and operational guidelines.
API Development Experience:
- One to three (1-3) years’ professional experience working with Microsoft SQL Server databases developing stored procedures, SQL jobs, packages, and other DB objects using SSMS.
- One to three (1-3) years’ professional experience with Bitbucket or similar version control systems; including environments, branching, tagging, merging, and release management.
- Preferred, experience with Jira ticket tracking software and the Visual Studio Code editor.
- Preferred, experience in implementing and managing NODEJS application unit testing (Mocha/Chai preferred) and Swagger help systems.
- Preferred, experience using external 3rd party API's like AuthorizeNET, Intacct, SkySlope, Dotloop, and Quickbooks Online.
- Preferred, experience with architecting and implementing message queue systems such as RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- Preferred, experience managing DevOps workloads in Linux environments (including Linux Operating System administration).
- Preferred, experience building CI/CD pipelines with CodeShip/Cloudbees/Jenkins or similar.
- Preferred, experience working with containerization and orchestration of Docker, Kubernetes, NGINX, PM2, or others.
- Preferred, experience/certification in managing and deploying applications to Amazon Web Services.
- Preferred, knowledge of Infrastructure as Code frameworks such as Terraform and Ansible.
What you'll do:
- As a full-time Back-End Developer on the Back-End Services team, you will;
- Design, develop, build, test, deploy, and maintain secure, scalable, modular, and RESTful APIs, Web Services, and systems utilizing various tools like NODEJS.
- Collaborate with the Front-End Development and IT Infrastructure teams to ensure the IT Group delivers new and maintains existing end-to-end applications.
- Be involved with designing and building diverse distributed networking applications, development tools, internal applications, and third-party API integrations.
- Research technologies and products for their applicability to our building solutions within and for our business processes.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- One to three (1-3) years’ professional experience required.
- Have participated in an Agile software development environment.
- Ability to learn new related technologies and explain the differences and opportunities to technical and non-technical team members.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
- Remote work an option.
- No relocation.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Backend Developer must be able to bend, stoop, stand, and sit for various lengths of time. They must be able to lift and carry items up to 20 lbs.
This is primarily a sedentary office classification and employees work in an office with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
The Backend API Developer must be able to multi-task various projects at once and work well under pressure and tight deadlines with a friendly and professional demeanor.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.