- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Remote - UK
- Division: Customer
- Salary Currency: GBP Sterling
- Department: CRM & Data
We’re looking for a Community Editor to join our talented Communities team and work across our varied websites and apps to increase user engagement. Our users are at the centre of our products and here in the community team, we encourage readers to not only share what’s important to them, but also to register and keep returning directly to us again and again.
We take user experience seriously and have worked hard over the past year to make our websites spaces where conversations can thrive and differing opinions can be shared constructively. With the launch of new premium apps and development plans for our websites and existing apps, you will strengthen our team even further, making the most of the user generated experience at Reach.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds so we can continue to diversify our content.
So, who are we?
We are Reach Plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
We are happy to consider applications on a flexible working basis, and will always aim to accommodate requests where possible.
This role is home based and we are therefore open to candidates based across the UK.
What will the role involve?
You will provide a proactive and responsive service between Reach teams and our moderation providers whilst delivering excellent customer service to our website and app users. You will work with product and editorial teams to identify, develop and deliver new functions and opportunities in the comment and community sections on our websites and apps.
You will devise and support community initiatives, facilitate commenting and community into brand opportunities, addressing problems with commenting or website community when they arise. You will support the continued roll-out of the Safer Spaces commenting initiative, helping to encourage wider participation across our audiences in a positive and safe way. This role involves shift working including weekends and bank holidays so a flexible approach is required.
Who are we looking for?
You are an excellent communicator, creative problem solver and team-player, with in-depth knowledge of media law. Ideally you will have an NCTJ or equivalent qualification in media law and a good working knowledge of GDPR, data protection and moderation and analytics platforms such as Viafoura, Google Analytics, QuickSight and more. You have proven experience working with online communities or as a website moderator.
You are bursting with ideas about how user communities can grow and have demonstrable experience working with diverse audiences. You have the ability to manage difficult behaviour by online users, whilst fairly applying our moderation policy. You have experience managing commenting sections and enjoy engaging with community users.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day - an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave - including maternity, paternity and adoption - and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan - free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support - including a 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP) for you and your nearest and dearest
- Awesome career opportunities - you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.