BIM / VDC Technical Consultant - Construction (Hybrid or Remote)
IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of Rand Worldwide, advances the way companies use 3D technology to design, develop, and manage complex engineering projects. As a leader in the field we continue to enjoy a great deal of success even in these unprecedented times. Our culture is supportive, dynamic, collaborative, and driven to meet the ever changing needs of our customers and our employees. If you are looking to make a real difference, we would love to hear from you.
Technical Consultants work with many different leading-edge firms to help them implement and adopt new technologies across a variety of exciting projects. In this role, they specify and implement technology-based solutions to help clients address issues and achieve business goals. This position may be hybrid or remote, depending on your proximity to our office.
What does a Technical Consultant do?
- Assesses current client business processes, recommends and implements solutions to meet client needs. Works closely with clients to document business goals and related procedures.
- Communicates with internal team members and clients, as necessary, in order to ensure project success.
- Produces project deliverables on-time and on-budget.
- Executes solution implementation, including any task that might be necessary to complete project deliverables.
- Writes deliverable documents including procedures guides, flow charts, best practices guides, agendas, and follow up memos.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets with clients to gain an understanding of current design projects and present workflows, determine areas of improvement, and extract deliverable requirements for projects that involve significant product customization, client-specific implementation activity, and/or out-of-the-box functionality.
- Executes solution implementation.
- Produces project deliverables – independently or collaboratively. This requires the creation of work product (such as 3D models, templates, sample drawings, etc.) using engineering software, development and delivery of custom training or mentoring services, and/or creation of project documentation such as best practice guides.
- Works together with Sales Executives and clients as a business partner in a trusted technology advisor role. Manage client expectations and provide long term guidance to improve design and software efficiencies.
- Three (3) years, minimum, of working experience in the AEC industry.
- Experience working with a General Contractor.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in an AEC-specific program or relevant experience.
- Experience and expertise in implementing new technologies, such as transitioning from 2D to 3D.
- Experience in BIM/VDC management and execution.
- Process and workflow analysis skills and direct experience.
- Understanding of and experience in all aspects of design and construction industry practices.
- Proficient in Revit with working knowledge of:
- Autodesk BIM 360/Construction Cloud or equivalent technology
- Knowledge of the following are not required but a plus: AutoCAD verticals, Plant 3D, Robot Structural Analysis Professional, ReCap Pro, 3DS Max, Advance Steel, Dynamo, InfraWorks
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, organization, planning and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong business acumen, high energy, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to occasionally travel throughout the US and Canada
Our employees at IMAGINiT work here because of our vision into the future of technology solutions and our goal in developing higher quality deliverables for existing clients and new markets. We give our employees the ability to create and verbalize their ideas. It is an important part of who we are at IMAGINiT. Those ideas come from collaboration with our customers and subsequent design and deployment, creating a solution that redefines our customer’s future.
Join our team of highly creative and innovative individuals who thrive to not only grow IMAGINiT, but also our customer’s business through smart solution selling.
Visit us at http://www.rand.com for more information.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please send all inquiries regarding accommodations to [email protected]
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without company sponsorship.