Sr. Software Engineer – Remote
- Columbus, OH, USA
IMAGINIT Technologies, a division of RAND WORLDWIDE, is a leading provider of Autodesk design and engineering solutions to the building, architecture, manufacturing, civil engineering, geospatial, and media and entertainment industry. IMAGINiT provides CAD software and technology expertise to the US and Canada. IMAGINiT Technologies is an Autodesk Platinum Partner and its largest Authorized Training Center (ATC) partner in North America.
This position is for a Senior Software Developer in the SDS department. The ideal candidate will work directly with clients to define application requirements and estimate the required level-of-effort. He/she will also work individually or with a team to develop a software solution that meets the client’s requirements. As part of a services organization, excellent communication and customer service are required.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will create impact by:
- Translating requirements into robust implemented applications
- Leading the design and planning process
- Accurately estimating level-of-effort
- Leading the development effort on projects
- Producing required technical documentation
- Contributing software, processes or practices to IMAGINiT intellectual property and the SDS group
- Significant involvement in pre-sales proposals and customer communications
- Requirements Analysis
- Working with project managers to estimate level-of-effort
- Maintain a good understanding of relevant technologies and approaches to projects
- Team leadership / product ownership
- Develop quality code and deliverables, utilizing best practices and processes
- Track time and expenses
- Communicate with project managers and other stakeholders
- Complete technical documentation
- Produce summary information for the project intellectual property
- Contribute software, processes or practices to IMAGINiT intellectual property and the SDS group
- 40+ hours per week, with a high degree of flexibility. Deadline-driven
- Additional hours for travel and to successfully accomplish the goals of the job
- Travel is expected to be 10-20% based on project requirements
- Travel destinations will primarily be domestic
- BS in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- Self-starting, energetic, fast learner and motivated individual who works well in a small and distributed environment
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions, departments, cultures, geographies and time zones
- Proven excellence in written & verbal communication & organizational skills
- Has worked within a small team of developers with source control tools and formalized development methodology.
- Ability to manage multiple duties and projects.
- 7+ years of experience developing and delivering software applications
- 5+ years of experience with C# and .NET Framework
- 2+ years of experience Autodesk APIs (AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, Vault or Forge)
An ideal candidate will also have: energy, enthusiasm, edge, and a willingness to be open to new ideas. Oh, plus all that other stuff that every job description states such as:
- Business Savvy and an opportunity seeker
- Enthusiastic with a passion for excellence
- Professional, honest, and ethical
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- The opportunity to be part of a company where you’ll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment
- The opportunity to work with other talented and awesome people!
WHY WORK AT IMAGINiT?
We are a company on the move with the rich legacy of 20 plus years in the business, but the energy of a startup!
If you are a person who wants to make a difference in your customers’ lives, have confidence in your ability to succeed, love a challenge, thrive on change, and are a self-starter, don’t just think about it- IMAGINiT with an industry-leading technology company!
When you work with an industry leader, you expect more. At IMAGINiT Technologies, we offer a competitive salary, commission (if eligible), bonus potential, and excellent benefits. Our benefits include:
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays, Sick and Vacation Time
Don’t just think about it – IMAGINiT with an industry-leading technology company!
Visit us at http://www.rand.com for more information.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Software developer, Software development solutions