Senior Systems Engineer
- Bedford, NH 03110, USA
Rand Worldwide is a leading provider of Autodesk design and engineering solutions including CAD software and technology expertise to companies across North America. We are an Autodesk Platinum Partner and the largest Authorized Training Center (ATC) Partner in North America.
- INTEGRITY We are honest, ethical, straight forward people in dealing with our employees, our customers, and our shareholders.
- TEAMWORK Every team member is important to the success of our company.
- COMMUNICATION We listen to our people, our clients and our prospects.
- INNOVATION We think and act creatively. We help our clients to be innovative through leveraging technology and approaches that ensure their success.
Are you up for a new challenge?
Visit us at www.rand.com for more information.
At Rand Worldwide, a Senior Systems Engineer manages the company IT compute and network infrastructure. This includes configuration, optimization, security, and functionality of physical and virtual servers, as well as all networking components. A successful candidate will lead new IT project efforts designed to improve IT effectiveness and employee offerings. The candidate must be able to create an IT project plan and execute the tasks through to completion. The candidate will engage with different areas of the business, assisting with strategic and tactical problem resolution. The candidate will report directly to the IT Manager and must be able to work in a cross-functional and multidisciplinary team environment.
- Manage and maintain physical and virtual server environments
- Administer and troubleshoot Windows operating systems
- Manage backup, security, and system management tools (e.g., SysAid, CrowdStrike)
- Optimize and test network and server performance, identify potential problems, and implement solutions accordingly
- Develop and configure custom scripts to automate routine functions and increase system performance
- Identify and translate business requirements into new opportunities for efficiency
- Provide high Level II and Level III support for the IT Helpdesk
- Lead new infrastructure projects and associated vendor relationships (e.g., company communications, stakeholder management, training/education, etc.)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 10-15 year experience in the IT industry
- Experience with IaaS (preferably w/Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with virtualization technology (preferably w/Hyper-V and/or VMWare)
- Technical aptitude to evaluate, design, and implement new technologies into the IT infrastructure
- Solid fundamental networking experience (OSI layers, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Basic scripting and PowerShell experience a plus
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must be authorized to work in the U.S for any employer without company sponsorship.
Visit us at http://www.rand.com for more information.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must be authorized to work in the U.S or Canada for any employer without company sponsorship.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.