Technical Consultant - Manufacturing
- Des Moines, IA, USA
IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of Rand Worldwide, advances the way companies use 3D technology to design, develop, and manage complex engineering projects. As a leader in the field, we continue to enjoy a great deal of success even in these unprecedented times. Our culture is supportive, dynamic, collaborative, and driven to meet the ever changing needs of our customers and our employees. If you are looking to make a real difference, we would love to hear from you.
This position is for a Technical Consultant in our Manufacturing Solutions Division. The ideal candidate has a consulting mindset to understand mechanical engineering and manufacturing challenges in order to develop and implement leading edge solutions. He/she will also work with our sales staff to understand our client’s requirements in their local region and deliver solutions to our clients across North America (so you love to travel!). As part of a services organization, excellent communication and customer service are required.
As a Technical Consultant, you will create impact by contributing to both pre-sales and post-sales initiatives:
- Assessing client’s current business processes to recommend and implement solutions to meet client needs.
- Working closely with sales staff and clients to document business goals and related processes.
- Writing deliverable documents as applicable such as scopes of work and recommendations.
- Creating intellectual property to support sales, marketing and implementation efforts.
- Working primarily with Autodesk Inventor and Vault, AutoCAD, other CAD design tools
- Delivering application training to our clients, and industry-related technical presentations at seminars, workshops, conferences, user groups, both onsite and remotely. Customize training solutions where applicable.
- Providing implementation solutions and application support for client workflows.
- Acting as a brand ambassador always seizing opportunities to increase IMAGINiT’s visibility in the marketplace.
Hours and Travel
- 40+ hours per week, with a high degree of flexibility. Deadline-driven
- Additional hours for travel and to successfully accomplish the goals of the job
- Travel is expected to be 40-50% based on project requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with both 2D and 3D design processes, the benefits of 3D design, and a working knowledge of the methods by which an organization might transition from a 2D-centric workflow to a 3D-centric workflow.
- Relevant experience with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD required.
- Experience with a PDM application would be beneficial – Autodesk Vault preferred.
- Deep knowledge of product design workflows relevant to the manufacturing process required (sales, purchasing, etc.)
- Relevant technology implementation experience required, such as CAD/CAM/CAE, Visualization, PDM, Digital Manufacturing.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication, training/teaching, presentation and organizational skills, and self-discipline.
- Initiative with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Engineering and/or equivalent experience.
- Proven excellence in written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple duties and projects.
Visit us at http://www.imaginit.com for more information.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must be authorized to work in the U.S for any employer without company sponsorship.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.