Technical Consultant - Revit
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of Rand Worldwide, advances the way companies use 3D technology to design, develop, and manage complex engineering projects. As a leader in the field, we continue to enjoy a great deal of success even in these unprecedented times. Our culture is supportive, dynamic, collaborative, and driven to meet the ever changing needs of our customers and our employees. If you are looking to make a real difference, we would love to hear from you.
Technical Consultants work with many different leading-edge firms to help them implement and adopt new technologies across a variety of exciting projects. In this role, they specify and implement technology-based solutions to help clients address issues and achieve business goals. A Technical Consultant functions as a trusted advisor to organizations by helping them incorporate practices into their workflows through leveraging strong industry knowledge, in-depth technology product knowledge and business acumen. They also assist the client in implementing these solutions on actual building design projects.
What does a Technical Consultant do?
- Assesses current client business processes, recommends and implements solutions to meet client needs. Works closely with clients to document business goals and related procedures.
- Communicates with internal team members and clients, as necessary, in order to ensure project success.
- Produces project deliverables on-time and on-budget.
- Executes solution implementation, including any task that might be necessary to complete project deliverables. Examples include: training or mentoring, software configuration, content creation, development of simulation models/studies, preparation of documentation, , etc.
- Writes deliverable documents including procedures guides, flow charts, best practices guides, agendas, and follow up memos.
- Three (3) years, minimum, of working experience in the AEC industry.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in an AEC-specific program or relevant experience.
- Experience and expertise in implementing BIM or 3D design solutions.
- Experience in BIM management and execution.
- Understanding of and experience in all aspects of design and construction industry practices.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, organization, planning, and project management skills.
- Works independently and can manage multiple priorities.
- Initiative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong business acumen, high energy, self-motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Comfortable presenting in front of small and larger audiences
- Technical sales experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel throughout Canada (50-60%) and occasionally the US.
Software knowledge and capabilities:
- Highly proficient in Revit Architecture OR Revit MEP
- Working knowledge of:
- Autodesk BIM 360 Design, Docs and/or Autodesk Collaborate Pro
- Beneficial software skills:
- AutoCAD verticals, BIM 360 Field, Glue, Build, Navisworks Manage, Plant 3D, Robot Structural Analysis Professional, ReCap Pro, 3DS Max, Advance Steel, Dynamo, InfraWorks
We hire for tomorrow!
Are you seeking an opportunity to work for an innovative company with their eyes on the future? A leader in its field? A company who strives to build longstanding relationships with its employees and staff? Then look no further then IMAGINiT and come grow with us.
Visit us at http://www.IMAGINiT.com for more information.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must be authorized to work in the U.S for any employer without company sponsorship.