Junior Software Engineer-New or Recent Graduate
- Raleigh, NC, USA
Do you thrive in a fun and challenging work environment? Do you want to work with interesting people who support your success? Do you enjoy solving customer challenges?
Go ahead… keep reading!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EXCITED BY TECHNOLOGY AND PASSIONATE ABOUT DELIVERING THE HIGHEST QUALITY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES. IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of Rand Worldwide, provides software and services for facility managers, space planners and portfolio managers. Our clients include universities, federal government agencies, and corporations, and we provide customization, configuration, drawing/data input/import, and training as they relate to the Facilities Management software solution.
As a Junior Software Engineer you will create impact by contributing to both pre-sales and post-sales initiatives:
- Work with ARCHIBUS and other software packages, such as AutoCAD, Revit, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Oracle, MS SQL Server and Apache Tomcat.
- Develop customer enterprise solutions using SQL, Java, and HTML.
- Provide implementation solutions and application support for client Facilities Management workflows.
- Deliver ARCHIBUS training to our clients and industry-related technical presentations at seminars, workshops, conferences, user groups, both onsite and remotely.
- Customize training solutions where applicable.
- Maintain technical knowledge of applications by reviewing and understanding enhancements released.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Inquisitive and self-motivated, with a desire to both learn from and contribute to a team.
- Knowledge of relational databases, including Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL.
- Knowledge of developing Web applications using Java-based technology, including XTML, HTML, and CFML
- Knowledge of Web application servers (Apache Tomcat, Jetty, WebSphere, Oracle Application Server, etc.)
- Resourceful with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Delivering business solutions with strong customer focus and requirements-driven design and development a plus
- Ability to travel on occasion (10%)
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must be authorized to work in the U.S for any employer without company sponsorship.
Visit us at http://www.rand.com for more information.