MEP Technical Consultant – Building Solutions Division
- Toronto, ON, Canada
IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of Rand Worldwide, advances the way companies use technology to design, develop, and manage complex engineering projects. As a leader in the field, we continue to enjoy a great deal of success even in these unprecedented times. Our culture is supportive, dynamic, collaborative, and driven to meet the ever-changing needs of our customers and our employees. If you are looking to make a real difference, we would love to hear from you.
Technical Consultants work with many different leading-edge firms to help them implement and adopt new technologies across a variety of exciting projects. In this role, they specify and implement technology-based solutions to help clients address issues and achieve business goals. A Technical Consultant functions as a trusted advisor to organizations by helping them incorporate practices into their workflows through leveraging strong industry knowledge, in-depth technology product knowledge and business acumen. They also assist the client in implementing these solutions on actual MEP and Process Engineering design projects.
What does a Technical Consultant do?
- Assesses current client business processes, recommends and implements solutions to meet client needs. Works closely with clients to document business goals and related procedures.
- Communicates with internal team members and clients, as necessary, in order to ensure project success.
- Produces project deliverables on-time and on-budget.
- Executes solution implementation, including any task that might be necessary to complete project deliverables. Examples include training or mentoring, software configuration, content creation, development of simulation models/studies, preparation of documentation, etc.
- Writes deliverable documents including procedures guides, flow charts, best practices guides, agendas, and follow up memos.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets with clients either in-person or via virtual conferencing software to gain an understanding of current design projects and present workflows, determine areas of improvement, and extract deliverable requirements for projects that involve significant product customization, client-specific implementation activity, and/or out-of-the-box functionality.
- Executes solution implementation.
- Works to perform tasks necessary to produce project deliverables – independently or collaboratively. Typically requires the creation of work product (such as 3D models, templates, sample drawings, etc.) using engineering software, development and delivery of custom training or mentoring services, and/or creation of project documentation such as best practice guides.
- Works together with Sales Executives and clients as a business partner in a trusted technology advisor role. Manage client expectations and provide long term guidance to improve design and software efficiencies.
- Three (3) years, minimum, of working experience in the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing or Process industries.
- Experience in BIM management and execution.
- Experience and expertise in implementing AutoCAD and Autodesk BIM solutions.
- Process and workflow analysis skills and direct experience.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in an MEP Engineering-specific program or relevant experience.
- Ability to travel throughout the US and occasionally to Canada (50-60%)
- Experience in construction coordination and clash detection a plus.
Software knowledge and capabilities:
- Highly proficient with AutoCAD and Revit MEP
- Working knowledge of:
- Navisworks Manage
- Autodesk BIM 360 cloud solutions
- Beneficial software skills:
- Fabrication CADmep, Fabrication Components for Revit, AutoCAD toolsets like Plant 3D, and Advance Steel, Dynamo or Python Scripting
- Strong industry acumen, high energy, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Can manage multiple priorities, multitask, meets deadlines, and prioritize requests.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, organization, planning and project management skills.
- Ability to tee-up conversations, ask thought provoking questions, see and probe problems.
- Comfortable presenting in front of small and larger audiences
- Desire to implement new technology with a variety of top Engineering firms to improve design and construction processes.
- Shows Initiative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical sales experience a plus.
Our employees at IMAGINiT work here because of our vision into the future of technology solutions and our goal in developing higher quality deliverables for existing clients and new markets. We give our employees the ability to create and verbalize their ideas. It is an important part of who we are at IMAGINiT. Those ideas come from collaboration with our customers and subsequent design and deployment, creating a solution that redefines our customer’s future.
Join our team of highly creative and innovative individuals who thrive to not only grow IMAGINiT, but also our customer’s business through consultative solution selling.
Visit us at http://www.IMAGINiT.com for more information.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. You must be authorized to work in Canada for any employer without company sponsorship.