FEA Simulation Specialist
- Detroit, MI, USA
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you see simulation as an integral part of the engineering process? Do you have a passion for delivering the highest quality engineering software solutions and professional services to help solve client challenges, improve product performance, and maximize ROI? Go ahead, keep reading!
We are looking for a stress engineer and FEA specialist with knowledge of ANSYS software packages. This role will be remote. Rand Simulation, a division of Rand Worldwide, is a leading provider of ANSYS CAE solutions and engineering simulation consulting services. Rand Simulation has recently become a strategic North American channel partner for ANSYS to further strengthen its collaborative consulting services for CFD, FEA, and Electromagnetic analysis while striving for the strongest customer value-add.
What will you be responsible for?
The Rand Simulation business model leverages a collaborative approach, which combines the structural analysis expertise of our FEA experts with the design expertise of our clients. Whether in a consulting or software sales/support capacity, our goal as the simulation experts is to serve as an extension of our client’s team to empower impactful performance insight through simulation to drive informed design decisions.
- Partnering with clients to harness the power of FEA insight to improve a product’s structural response and suitability for its intended use.
- Acting as lead on specific projects with responsibility for running simulations for clients
- Documenting and contextualizing simulation results for clients, providing detailed analysis reports and making design change recommendations based on simulation findings and design knowledge.
- Staying up-to-date with ANSYS platforms and expanding their own knowledge of ANSYS tools through trainings and self-guided education.
- Interfacing with Rand Simulation sales and business development teams on ANSYS software and simulation consulting opportunities to ensure application fit prior to the validation phase of the sales process.
- Leading the technical discussion in calls and presentations with prospects on qualified ANSYS software and consulting sales opportunities to provide technical guidance, credibility and subject matter expertise along with outlining workflows and implementation strategies.
- Occasionally provide classroom training, mentoring, account follow-up and technical support to assist clients in the adoption and ROI of their ANSYS technology investment.
- Leading consulting design review meetings aimed at providing guidance on critical design decisions.
- Developing and executing customized training courses for clients that have invested in ANSYS FEA solutions.
- M.S./B.S./B.A. in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Physics, or similar discipline
- 4 years + of mechanical or structural engineering/design experience
- 4 years + of FEA/structural analysis experience with ANSYS Mechanical
- LS-Dyna experience strongly desired
- Ansys Motion, Adams, or similar Multibody Dynamics experience strongly desired
- nCode or other specialized fatigue code experience strongly desired
- Experience using Altair, FEMAP/NX, MSC/PATRAN, Autodesk Nastran, Simulation Mechanical/Algor, COMSOL, Abaqus, Simulia, or similar codes a plus
- Proven experience with multiple structural analysis methods (rigid body dynamics, transient analyses, nonlinear static/transient, modal, linear dynamics, etc.)
- Experience with multiphysics, fatigue, and explicit dynamics strongly desired
- Experience with MAPDL and/or Python coding strongly desired
- Knowledge of underlying FEA principals such as linear algebra, partial differential equations, etc.
- Extensive proficiency in 3D CAD systems (Inventor and/or SolidWorks preferred)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to facilitate and conduct webinars and presentations to customers
- A logical problem-solving approach and ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to a customer
- A self-starter and motivator with an engaging personality and strong energy
- Ability to manage time effectively while balancing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work directly with clients and clearly articulate findings and design recommendations
- Ability to work diligently alone when needed, but knows when to seek help
- Highly developed learning and thinking ability with direct client-facing experience
- Registered Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred, but not mandatory
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
What do we stand for?
- INTEGRITY We are honest, ethical, straightforward people in dealing with our employees, our customers, and our shareholders.
- TEAMWORK Every Rand Simulation team member is important to the success of our company.
- COMMUNICATION We listen to our people, our clients and our prospects.
- INNOVATION We think and act creatively. We help our clients to be innovative through leveraging technology and approaches that ensure their success.
Are you up for a new challenge? Join Rand Simulation now!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must be authorized to work in the U.S for any employer without company sponsorship.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate based on disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Solutions, CFD, FEA, Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Aerospace, ANSYS, Consulting, Licensed Engineer, Professional Engineer, Autodesk, Nastran, Simulation Mechanical, Solidworks, Pro Engineer, Inventor, Creo, COMSOL, ABAQUS