Electromagnetics Simulation Specialist
- Boston, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We hire for tomorrow!
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment? Do you see simulation as a design tool? Do you have a passion for delivering the highest quality engineering software solutions and professional services to help solve client challenges, improve product performance, and maximize ROI? Go ahead, keep reading!
We are looking for an electronics engineer and electronics design automation (EDA) simulation specialist with knowledge of ANSYS electromagnetics software packages. This role will be based remote across the US working with the Rand Simulation, a division of Rand Worldwide, is a leading provider of ANSYS CAE solutions and engineering simulation consulting services. Rand Simulation (formerly the simulation consulting division of IMAGINiT Technologies) has recently become a strategic North American channel partner for ANSYS to further strengthen its collaborative consulting services while striving for the strongest customer value-add.
What will you be responsible for?
The Rand Simulation business model leverages a collaborative approach, which combines the analysis expertise of our simulation experts with the design expertise of our clients. Whether in a consulting or software sales/support capacity, our goal as the simulation experts is to serve as an extension of our client’s team to empower impactful performance insight through simulation to drive informed design decisions.
You will be responsible for leveraging advanced-level engineering knowledge and relationships to support Rand SIM’s account managers with significant impact on revenue goals, as well as for helping customers to solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products.
- Provide technical pre-sales support throughout the entire sales process in the form of customer meetings, product presentations, ANSYS demonstrations and software evaluations.
- Interfacing with Rand Simulation sales and business development teams on ANSYS software and simulation consulting opportunities to provide technical guidance, credibility and subject matter expertise.
- Analyze prospect and customer technical needs, requirements, infrastructure, operations and engineering workflows to ensure an application fit and create/demonstration recommended simulation solutions.
- Articulate ANSYS’ value proposition primarily around electromagnetics solutions but may encompass its entire suite of products.
- Occasionally provide ANSYS training (basic and customized), mentoring, account follow-up and technical support to assist clients in the adoption and ROI of their ANSYS technology investment.
- Acting as lead on specific consulting projects with responsibility of running simulations for clients, leading design review meetings, interpreting results and suggesting recommended design modifications based on simulation findings and electronics design knowledge.
- Staying up-to-date with ANSYS platforms and expanding knowledge of ANSYS tools through trainings and self-guided education.
Who are we looking for?
- M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline with emphasis on Signal Integrity
- 3 years + of experience in an engineering software environment
- 3 years + of industrial and design experience related to signal and power integrity, high-speed SerDes, and electronics thermal
- A solid understanding of the basic electronic principles of electromagnetic fields, signal and power integrity, IBIS-AMI analysis, PCIE compliance, DDR compliance, crosstalk, high-speed SerDes, and electronics thermal simulation
- Demonstrated proficiency with ANSYS electronics simulation software – HFSS, SIwave, and Icepak
- Demonstrated proficiency in PCB designers (Altium Preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Ansys Spaceclaim
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to facilitate and conduct webinars and presentations to customers
- A logical problem-solving approach and ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to a customer
- Fluency in English speaking, writing and presenting
- Highly developed learning and thinking ability with direct client-facing experience
- Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
- Possesses a sense of urgency along with strong organizational and follow-up skills
- A passion for personal technical excellence and high performance
- A self-starter and motivator with an engaging personality and strong energy
- Ability to manage time effectively while balancing multiple activities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work diligently alone when needed, but knows when to seek help
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
What do we stand for?
- INTEGRITY We are honest, ethical, straightforward people in dealing with our employees, our customers, and our shareholders.
- TEAMWORK Every Rand Simulation team member is important to the success of our company.
- COMMUNICATION We listen to our people, our clients and our prospects.
- INNOVATION We think and act creatively. We help our clients to be innovative through leveraging technology and approaches that ensure their success.
Are you up for a new challenge? Join Rand Simulation now!
Visit us at rand.com and randsim.com for more information.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must be authorized to work in the U.S for any employer without company sponsorship.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate based on disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Solutions, CFD, FEA, Electromagnetics, Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Aerospace, ANSYS, HFSS, Maxwell, EDA, Electronic Design Automation, Consulting, Licensed Engineer, Professional Engineer, Solidworks, Pro Engineer, Inventor, Creo, COMSOL