Business Development Representative - New or Recent Graduate
- 630 Peter Jefferson Pkwy, Charlottesville, VA 22911, USA
Are you a new or recent college graduate?
Are you, energetic, self-motivated, intellectually curious, and enjoy new challenges…if that’s you, then please read on!
Empowering innovation – Rand Simulation, a division of Rand Worldwide advances the way engineers leverage simulation software to design, develop and ultimately manufacture products in a wide variety of industries. Historically Rand has primarily focused on simulation consulting services. However, we have recently become a strategic North American channel partner for ANSYS, the leader in engineering simulation solutions developed to predict product design performance under real-world environments. Rand Simulation differentiates and compounds its value-add by offering a complete range of solutions through both engineering simulation consulting services and ANSYS software.
We are looking for a passionate, tenacious, entry level, Business Development Representative who has the desire and ability to prospect for new business. In this role, you will focus on business development around ANSYS software sales and simulation consulting services in the Central region, including Ontario Canada and the following states – MI, IN, IL, WI, MO, IA, MN, KS, NE, SD, ND.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead generation and early stage sales opportunity qualification
- Actively nurturing and prospecting into new named accounts through outbound calls, emails and marketing campaign follow-ups
- Identifying, researching and connecting with prospective clients to maintain a high volume of early-stage sales activity needed for pipeline development and achieving territory sales objectives
- Conducting needs assessments, identifying key decision makers and outlining relevant solution options sufficient for setting value definition and solution development appointments for territory sales staff
- Accurately forecasting early stage sales opportunities and documenting compelling events, business drivers, budgetary constraints and qualification criteria
- Serving as a trusted business advisor to establish initial thought-leadership, relationship development and stakeholder interest with prospective clients across all levels of the organization
- Coordinating sales efforts, messaging and campaigns with the regional sales manager
- Efficiently leveraging SalesForce.com CRM to manage and track all activities related to sales opportunities
- Requires up to 10% travel
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Naturally curious with a passion for making connections
- Ability and willingness to connect comfortably at VP levels
- Unwavering persistence, tenacity and creativity in prospecting (phone/email/social)
- Excellent communication, written and organizational skills
- Desire to perform all interactions with integrity, respect and transparency
- Fluency in SalesForce.com and LinkedIn a plus
Our employees at Rand Worldwide work here because of our vision into the future of technology solutions and our goal in developing higher quality deliverables for existing clients and new markets. We give our employees the ability to create and verbalize their ideas and those ideas come from collaboration with our customers and internal experts. We are committed to solving business problems through innovation and continually adapt to meet the changing needs of the market and the customers we serve.
Visit us at http://www.rand.com for more information.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. You must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer without company sponsorship.