CFD Simulation Specialist
- 1330 Lagoon Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55408, USA
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment? Do you see simulation as a design tool? Do you have a passion for delivering the highest quality engineering software solutions and professional services to help solve client challenges, improve product performance, and maximize ROI? Go ahead, keep reading!
We are looking for a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation specialist with strong knowledge of ANSYS software packages. Rand Simulation, a division of Rand Worldwide, is a leading provider of ANSYS CAE solutions and engineering simulation consulting services. Rand Simulation (formerly the simulation consulting division of IMAGINiT Technologies) has recently become a strategic North American channel partner for ANSYS to further strengthen its collaborative consulting services while striving for the strongest customer value-add.
What will you be responsible for?
The Rand Simulation business model leverages a collaborative approach, which combines the analysis expertise of our simulation experts with the design expertise of our clients. Whether in a consulting or software sales/support capacity, our goal as the simulation experts is to serve as an extension of our client’s team to empower impactful performance insight through simulation to drive informed design decisions. This position can be remote.
- Acting as lead on consulting projects with responsibility of running simulations for clients, leading design review meetings, interpreting results and suggesting recommended design modifications based on simulation findings and fluid systems design knowledge.
- Provide technical pre-sales support throughout the entire sales process in the form of customer meetings, product presentations, project scoping, ANSYS demonstrations and software evaluations.
- Interfacing with Rand Simulation sales and business development teams on ANSYS software and simulation consulting opportunities to provide technical guidance, credibility and subject matter expertise.
- Analyze prospect and customer technical needs, requirements, infrastructure, operations and engineering workflows to ensure an application fit and propose recommended simulation solutions.
- Self-manage and ensure on-time and in-budget delivery of project deliverables, product demos, and support solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Articulate ANSYS’ value proposition primarily around fluid dynamic solutions but may encompass its entire suite of products.
- Provide ANSYS training (basic and customized), mentoring, account follow-up and technical support to assist clients in the adoption and ROI of their ANSYS technology investment.
- Staying up-to-date with ANSYS platforms and expanding knowledge of ANSYS tools through trainings and self-guided education.
Who are we looking for?
- M.S. or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar discipline with emphasis on fluid dynamics, heat transfer, or numerical methods
- 3 years + of industrial and design experience related to fluid systems
- 3 years + of experience in CFD methods
- Proven experience using ANSYS Fluent and/or CFX
- Proficiency in establishing problem statements and developing methodology for solving a wide range of fluid problems
- Experience in data-driven design methods throughout the entire process
- A solid understanding of the complexities of fluid dynamics and thermodynamics
- A solid understanding of numerical methods, especially as it pertains to convergence stability, discretization, and impact of physical and numerical assumptions in modelling
- An abstract thinker, able to leverage deeper understandings of customer problems and business impact to propose solutions that are both practical and economical
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to a customer
- Demonstrated proficiency in 3D CAD systems (SolidWorks, Inventor or ANSYS SpaceClaim preferred)
- Forward-thinking personality with interest in pursuing state-of-the-art developments in simulation methodology and apply those advancements toward solving customer problems
- Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
- Possesses a sense of urgency along with strong organizational and self-management skills
- A passion for personal technical excellence and high performance
- A self-starter and motivator with an engaging personality and strong energy
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively across multiple activities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work diligently alone when needed, but knows when to seek help
- Registered Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred, but not mandatory
- Willingness to travel up to 15%
What do we stand for?
- INTEGRITY We are honest, ethical, straightforward people in dealing with our employees, our customers, and our shareholders.
- TEAMWORK Every Rand Simulation team member is important to the success of our company.
- COMMUNICATION We listen to our people, our clients and our prospects.
- INNOVATION We think and act creatively. We help our clients to be innovative through leveraging technology and approaches that ensure their success.
Are you up for a new challenge? Join Rand Simulation now!
Visit us at rand.com and randsim.com for more information.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must be authorized to work in the U.S for any employer without company sponsorship.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate based on disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.