Learning Content Developer - Architecture, Engineering, & Construction
- 151 Courtneypark Dr W, Mississauga, ON L5W 1Y4, Canada
Do you thrive in a fun and challenging work environment? Do you want to work with interesting people who support your success? Do you have a passion for working with Architecture, Engineering and Construction learning content? Go ahead… keep reading!
ASCENT, a division of Rand Worldwide, is the leading developer of high-quality professional training and knowledge products for engineering software applications. ASCENT is unique in the CAD and BIM marketplace for having made a very significant investment in developing innovative solutions for Education services. No other organization can match the dedication to training solution development in terms of mission, focus, investment, and personnel. We are not constrained to a one-solution-fits-all approach, but instead work with our clients to find the right solution. Our clients and partners have selected ASCENT’s training curriculum over others because of the instructional quality and ASCENT’s ability to customize to meet specific requirements.
We are seeking an AEC Learning Content Developer to work for the learning content development team of ASCENT. The position is responsible for developing and maintaining learning content focused on the Autodesk AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction) design software tools. The content is utilized for both web-based and instructor-led training. The successful candidate will have a post-secondary degree in an engineering or architectural discipline, or strong technical knowledge and engineering/architectural technology experience.
As an AEC Learning Content Developer, you will create impact by:
- Creating new learning content for print and eLearning products offered for global sales
- Updating ASCENT's existing learning content to encompass new and enhanced functionality in current releases of the software tools
- Creating client-specific custom learning content
- Supporting our sales teams by fielding technical questions related to the learning content
- Supporting our sales teams with assessments of client learning needs and proposal creation
- Creating blog posts showcasing your breadth of knowledge and the capabilities of our team
- Leading webcasts that demonstrate the quality and effectiveness of our learning content
- Minimum 2 years of experience using the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction software products from Autodesk, including but not limited to Autodesk Revit, Advance Steel, BIM 360, AutoCAD etc.
- Technical documentation experience, such as developing learning content or course curriculum is essential
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Experience coaching or teaching others is preferred
Other requirements to be successful in the role:
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and time management skills
- Detail-oriented self-starter, with the ability to stay focused on tasks, manage projects and meet deadlines
- Team player, with the ability to collaborate across the organization
- Very strong interpersonal skills with a sincere desire to make a difference for our customers
- Public speaking skills or similar experience
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to be part of a company where you’ll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment with great benefits, including matching RRSP and a fun work environment with a business casual dress code.
We celebrate employment equality and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Visit us at http://www.rand.com for more information.
Autodesk, Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, curriculum design, learning content, architecture, construction, engineering