Technical Consultant – Manufacturing 3D (Richmond)
- 8100 Three Chopt Rd, Richmond, VA 23229, USA
We hire for tomorrow!
Are you seeking an opportunity to work for an innovative company with their eyes on the future? A leader in its field? A company who strives to build longstanding relationships with its employees and clients? Then look no further than IMAGINiT and come grow with us.
IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of Rand Worldwide, advances the way engineers and architects use 3D technology to design, develop, and manage complex engineering projects. As an Autodesk Platinum Partner and the largest Authorized Training Center (ATC) Partner in North America, IMAGINiT is a leading provider of Autodesk design and engineering solutions to the building, architecture, civil and manufacturing industries.
We are looking for a Technical Consultant – Manufacturing 3D in our Manufacturing Solutions Division who is passionate about solving customer problems through technology and professional solutions. The ideal candidate has a consulting mindset to understand mechanical engineering and manufacturing challenges in order to develop and implement leading edge solutions, primarily with Autodesk Inventor and Vault. He/she will also work with our sales staff to understand our client’s requirements in their local region and deliver solutions to our clients across the US (so you love to travel!). As part of a services organization, excellent communication and customer service are required.
You have a unique blend of technical expertise and exposure to manufacturing workflows, along with a knack for working with people, and a consulting mindset to see things from the customer’s perspective. As a Technical Consultant, you will create impact by contributing to both pre-sales and post-sales initiatives – adding value to both the sales and delivery organizations, leading to personal accomplishments, the success of your team, IMAGINiT, and Rand Worldwide as a whole.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing client’s current business processes to recommend and implement solutions to meet client needs.
- Working closely with sales staff and clients to document business goals and related processes, including needs assessments and sales proposals.
- Writing deliverable documents as applicable such as statements of work (SOWs) and recommendations.
- Maintaining an expert level understanding of relevant technologies and workflows
- Creating intellectual property for the manufacturing industry, as well as to support sales, marketing and implementation efforts.
- Working primarily with Autodesk Inventor and Vault, AutoCAD, other CAD design tools, and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
- Delivering application training to our clients, and industry-related technical presentations at seminars, workshops, conferences, user groups, both onsite and remotely. Customize training solutions where applicable.
- Providing consulting, implementation solutions and application support for client workflows.
- Communicating with project managers and other stakeholders
- Completing technical documentation
- Tracking time and expenses
- Acting as a brand ambassador always seizing opportunities to increase IMAGINiT’s visibility in the marketplace.
Hours of work and travel:
- 40+ hours per week, with a high degree of flexibility as additional hours for travel and to successfully accomplish the goals of the job may be required
- Travel is expected to be 40-50% based on project requirements
- Travel destinations will primarily be domestic, and occasionally to Canada so you must have a valid passport or be eligible to attain one
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Relevant experience with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD required.
- Experience with a PDM application would be beneficial – Autodesk Vault preferred.
- Familiarity with both 2D and 3D design processes, the benefits of 3D design, and a working knowledge of the methods by which an organization might transition from a 2D-centric workflow to a 3D-centric workflow.
- Deep knowledge of product design workflows relevant to the manufacturing process required (sales, purchasing, etc.)
- Training/teaching experience and presentation skills
- Relevant technology implementation experience required, such as CAD/CAM/CAE, Visualization, PDM, Digital Manufacturing, PLM.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication – both verbal and written, organizational skills, and self-discipline.
- Initiative with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Engineering and/or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions, departments, cultures, geographies and time zones.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities under pressure.
- A reliable automobile and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel to throughout the US and Canada
IMAGINiT employees work here because of our vision into the future of technology solutions and our goal in developing higher quality deliverables for existing clients and new markets. We give our employees the ability to create and verbalize their ideas. It is an important part of who we are at IMAGINiT. Those ideas come from collaboration with our customers and subsequent design and deployment, creating a solution that redefines our customer’s future.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We reward our technical team’s contributions with a competitive base salary, incentive plan and a comprehensive benefits package.
Visit us at http://www.rand.com for more information.
Autodesk, Inventor, Vault, AutoCAD, CAD, engineering, manufacturing, pre sales, post sales, training, design, 3D, PDM, consulting