Technical Consultant – Facilities Management
- 1 Copley Pkwy, Morrisville, NC 27560, USA
We hire for tomorrow!
Are you seeking an opportunity to work for an innovative company with their eyes on the future? A leader in its field? A company who strives to build longstanding relationships with its employees and staff? Then look no further than IMAGINiT and come grow with us.
IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of Rand Worldwide, provides software and services for engineers and architects in manufacturing, architecture and construction, and civil engineering, and in FM, for Facility Managers, Space Planners and Portfolio Managers.
We are looking for a Technical Consultant – Facilities Management (FM) to join our Building Solutions Division, based at our facility in Raleigh, NC working with a group of several talented FM experts. The ideal candidate has a consulting mindset to understand FM challenges in order to develop and implement leading edge solutions for our clients. He/she will also work with our sales staff to understand our client’s requirements and deliver solutions to our clients. As part of a services organization, excellent communication and customer service skills are required. Our clients include universities, federal government agencies, and corporations. To support these clients, programming of the software that has been implemented also is required. The software utilized in our implementations include ARCHIBUS, ARCHIBUS Web Central, AutoCAD, Revit, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Oracle, MS SQL Server and Apache Tomcat. The FM group provides training and support, and customization, configuration, drawing/data input/import for all of these software packages as they pertain to the FM database implementation.
You have a unique blend of technical expertise and FM project exposure, along with a knack for working with people, and a consulting mindset to see things from the customer’s perspective. As a Technical Consultant, you will add value to both the sales and delivery organizations, leading to personal accomplishment, the success of the FM team, IMAGINiT, and Rand Worldwide as a whole. You will create impact by contributing to both pre-sales and post-sales initiatives:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing client’s current business processes to recommend and implement solutions to meet client needs.
- Working closely with sales staff and clients to document business goals and related processes, including needs assessments and sales proposals.
- Writing deliverable documents as applicable and working with sales executives to prepare statements of work (SOWs) and recommendations.
- Maintaining an expert level understanding of relevant FM technologies and workflows.
- Creating intellectual property for the FM industry to support sales, marketing and implementation efforts.
- Working with ARCHIBUS and other software packages, such as AutoCAD, Revit, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Oracle, MS SQL Server and Apache Tomcat.
- Delivering ARCHIBUS education/training to our clients, and industry-related technical presentations at seminars, workshops, conferences, user groups, both onsite and remotely. Customize training solutions where applicable.
- Providing consulting, implementation solutions and application support for client FM workflows.
- Communicating with project managers and other stakeholders.
- Completing technical documentation.
- Tracking time and expenses.
- Acting as a brand ambassador always seizing opportunities to increase IMAGINiT’s visibility in the marketplace.
Hours of work and travel:
- 40+ hours per week, with a high degree of flexibility. The role is deadline driven.
- Additional hours for travel and to successfully accomplish the goals of the job may be required.
- Travel is expected to be up to 50% based on project requirements.
- Travel destinations will primarily be domestic, and occasionally to Canada.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in FM with deep knowledge of related workflows.
- Relevant experience with ARCHIBUS and applications such as AutoCAD and Revit.
- Maintained technical knowledge of applications by reviewing and understanding enhancements released.
- Demonstrated ARCHIBUS to prospective clients.
- Built short proofs of concepts to show product capabilities.
- Developed a sales strategy for clients in partnership with Sales Executives.
- Experienced in software development with strong client focus and requirements-driven design and development.
- Experienced with Visual Basic for Applications.
- Knowledgeable of relational databases, to include Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases.
- Knowledgeable of developing Web applications using Java-based technology, including XTML, HTML and CFML
- Knowledgeable of Web application servers (Apache Tomcat, Jetty, WebSphere, Oracle Application Server, etc.)
- Resourceful with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication, training/teaching, presentation and organizational skills, and self-discipline.
- Initiative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions, departments, cultures, geographies and time zones.
- Proven excellence in written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple duties and projects.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in FM, Architecture, Engineering and/or a related discipline.
- A reliable automobile and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel throughout the US and Canada.
IMAGINiT employees work here because of our vision into the future of technology solutions and our goal in developing higher quality deliverables for existing clients and new markets. We give our employees the ability to create and verbalize their ideas. It is an important part of who we are at IMAGINiT. Those ideas come from collaboration with our customers and subsequent design and deployment, creating a solution that redefines our customer’s future.
We celebrate employment equality and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We reward our technical team’s contributions with a competitive base salary, incentive plan and a comprehensive benefits package.
Visit us at http://www.rand.com for more information.
Archibus, Revit, AutoCAD, facilities management, FM, architecture, construction, pre sales, post sales, training, consulting, building, engineering, 3D, design