Technical Consultant – BIM/VDC - Buffalo
- Buffalo, NY, USA
We hire for tomorrow!
Are you seeking an opportunity to work for an innovative company with their eyes on the future? A leader in its field? A company who strives to build longstanding relationships with its employees and staff? Then look no further than IMAGINiT and come grow with us.
IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of Rand Worldwide, advances the way architects and engineers use 3D technology to design, develop, and manage complex engineering projects. As an Autodesk Platinum Partner and the largest Authorized Training Center (ATC) Partner in North America, IMAGINiT is a leading provider of Autodesk design and engineering solutions to the building, architecture, civil and manufacturing industry.
We are looking for a Technical Consultant – BIM/VDC to join our Building Solutions Division who is passionate about solving customer problems through technology and professional services. The ideal candidate has a consulting mindset to understand BIM/VDC challenges in order to develop and implement leading edge solutions, primarily with Autodesk Revit and other Autodesk architecture, engineering and construction technologies. He/she will also work with our sales staff to understand our client’s requirements in their local region and deliver solutions to our clients across the US (so you love to travel!). As part of a services organization, excellent communication and a high degree of customer service are required.
You have a unique blend of technical expertise and AEC project exposure, along with a knack for working with people, and a consulting mindset to see things from the customer’s perspective. As a Technical Consultant, you will create impact by contributing to both pre-sales and post-sales initiatives – adding value to both the sales and delivery organizations, leading to personal accomplishment, the success of your team, IMAGINiT, and Rand Worldwide as a whole.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing client’s current business processes to recommend and implement solutions to meet client needs.
- Working closely with sales staff and clients to document business goals and related processes, including needs assessments and sales proposals.
- Writing deliverable documents as applicable such as statements of work (SOWs) and recommendations.
- Maintaining an expert level understanding of relevant technologies and workflows.
- Creating intellectual property for the AEC industry, as well as to support sales, marketing and implementation efforts.
- Working primarily with Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD and other BIM tools such as Navisworks Manage.
- Delivering application training to our clients, and industry-related technical presentations at seminars, workshops, conferences, user groups, both onsite and remotely. Customize training solutions where applicable.
- Providing consulting, implementation solutions and application support for client BIM workflows.
- Communicating with project managers and other stakeholders
- Completing technical documentation
- Tracking time and expenses
- Acting as a brand ambassador always seizing opportunities to increase IMAGINiT’s visibility in the marketplace.
Hours of work and travel:
- 40+ hours per week, with a high degree of flexibility as additional hours for travel and to successfully accomplish the goals of the job may be required
- Travel is expected to be 40-50% based on project requirements
- Travel destinations will primarily be domestic, and occasionally to Canada
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a building design, engineering or construction environment.
- Relevant experience with Autodesk AEC applications such as Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, and other BIM tools.
- Familiarity with the benefits of 3D design/BIM, and a working knowledge of the methods by which an organization might transition from a 2D to 3D process.
- Deep knowledge of workflows associated to the building design, engineering and construction process.
- Training/teaching experience and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication, self-discipline and organizational skills.
- Initiative with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Architecture, Engineering and/or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions, departments, cultures, geographies and time zones.
- Proven excellence in written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple duties and projects under pressure.
- A reliable automobile and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel throughout the US and Canada
IMAGINiT employees work here because of our vision into the future of technology solutions and our goal in developing higher quality deliverables for existing clients and new markets. We give our employees the ability to create and verbalize their ideas. It is an important part of who we are at IMAGINiT. Those ideas come from collaboration with our customers and subsequent design and deployment, creating a solution that redefines our customer’s future.
We celebrate employment equality and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We reward our technical team’s contributions with a competitive base salary, incentive plan and a comprehensive benefits package.
Visit us at http://www.rand.com for more information.
Autodesk, Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, CAD, BIM, VDC, pre sales, post sales, training, architecture, construction, design, 3D, building, engineering, consulting