Technical Consultant – Civil 3D - Mississauga
- 151 Courtneypark Dr W, Mississauga, ON L5W 1Y4, Canada
We hire for tomorrow!
Are you seeking an opportunity to work for an innovative company with their eyes on the future? A leader in its field? A company who strives to build longstanding relationships with its employees and clients? Then look no further than IMAGINiT and come grow with us.
IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of Rand Worldwide, advances the way architects and engineers use 3D technology to design, develop, and manage complex engineering projects. As an Autodesk Platinum Partner and the largest Authorized Training Center (ATC) Partner in North America, IMAGINiT is a leading provider of Autodesk design and engineering solutions to the building, architecture, civil and manufacturing industry.
We are looking for a Technical Consultant – Civil 3D to join our Infrastructure Solutions Division who is passionate about solving customer problems through technology and professional services. The ideal candidate has a consulting mindset to understand infrastructure challenges in order to develop and implement leading edge BIM for infrastructure solutions, primarily with Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D and other Autodesk infrastructure technologies. He/she will also work with our sales staff to understand our client’s requirements in their local region and deliver solutions to our clients across Canada (so you love to travel!). As part of a services organization, excellent communication and a high degree of customer service are required.
You have a unique blend of technical expertise and infrastructure project exposure, along with a knack for working with people, and a consulting mindset to see things from the customer’s perspective. As a Technical Consultant, you will create impact by contributing to both pre-sales and post-sales initiatives – adding value to both the sales and delivery organizations, leading to personal accomplishment, the success of your team, IMAGINiT, and Rand Worldwide as a whole.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with sales executives to assist our customers with defining technology and process solutions related to BIM for infrastructure, and helping prepare statements of work (SOWs)
- Providing needs assessments and recommendations, and technology and workflow presentations
- Maintaining an expert level understanding of relevant technologies and workflows
- Developing IMAGINiT intellectual property for the infrastructure industry
- Delivering software and industry-related technical presentations at seminars, workshops, conferences, user groups and client sites.
- Delivering technical product training using both standardized materials as well as custom content based on specific customer needs
- Defining and fulfilling technology implementation services
- Creating and implementing customized environments (templates, standards)
- Communicating with project managers and other stakeholders
- Completing technical documentation
- Tracking time and expenses
- Acting as a brand ambassador always seizing opportunities to increase IMAGINiT’s visibility in the marketplace.
Hours of work and travel:
- 40+ hours per week, with a high degree of flexibility as additional hours for travel and to successfully accomplish the goals of the job may be required
- Travel is expected to be 40-60% based on project requirements
- Travel destinations will primarily be domestic, and occasionally to the US
- Relevant technology implementation and work experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Infrastructure Design Suite is a must.
- 4+ years of experience in an infrastructure environment.
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure workflows (civil engineering, survey) relevant to the infrastructure design process.
- Familiarity with design processes related to road design, site design, plan production, gravity and pressure pipe design, hydrology and hydraulics and survey.
- Experience with reality capture technology (laser scanning, photogrammetry) is desirable
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication, training/teaching, presentation, organization and self-discipline.
- Initiative with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Civil Engineering and/or equivalent experience
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions, departments, cultures, geographies and time zones
- Proven excellence in written & verbal communication & organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities under pressure.
- A reliable automobile and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel throughout Canada and the US.
IMAGINiT employees work here because of our vision into the future of technology solutions and our goal in developing higher quality deliverables for existing clients and new markets. We give our employees the ability to create and verbalize their ideas. It is an important part of who we are at IMAGINiT. Those ideas come from collaboration with our customers and subsequent design and deployment, creating a solution that redefines our customer’s future.
We celebrate employment equality and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We reward our technical team’s contributions with a competitive base salary, incentive plan and a comprehensive benefits package.
Visit us at http://www.rand.com for more information.
Autodesk, Civil 3D, CAD, infrastructure, survey, road design, site design, civil engineering, consulting, reality capture, laser scanning, photogrammetry, pre sales, post sales, training