Technical Consultant – Manufacturing 3D - Spokane
- 159 S Lincoln St, Spokane, WA 99201, USA
We hire for tomorrow!
Are you seeking an opportunity to work for an innovative company with their eyes on the future? A leader in its field? A company who strives to build longstanding relationships with its employees and clients? Then look no further than IMAGINiT and come grow with us.
IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of RAND WORLDWIDE, is a leading provider of Autodesk design and engineering solutions to the building, architecture, manufacturing, civil engineering, geospatial, and media and entertainment industry. IMAGINiT provides CAD/BIM software and technology expertise to the US and Canada. IMAGINiT Technologies is an Autodesk Platinum Partner and its largest Authorized Training Center (ATC) partner in North America.
This position is for a Technical Consultant – Manufacturing 3D in our Manufacturing Solutions Division. The ideal candidate has a consulting mindset to understand mechanical engineering and manufacturing challenges in order to develop and implement leading edge solutions. He/she will also work with our sales staff to understand our client’s requirements in their local region and deliver solutions to our clients across North America (so you love to travel!). As part of a services organization, excellent communication and customer service are required.
As a Technical Consultant, you will create impact by contributing to both pre-sales and post-sales initiatives:
- Assessing client’s current business processes to recommend and implement solutions to meet client needs.
- Working closely with sales staff and clients to document business goals and related processes.
- Writing deliverable documents as applicable such as scopes of work and recommendations.
- Creating intellectual property to support sales, marketing and implementation efforts.
- Working primarily with Autodesk Inventor and Vault, AutoCAD, other CAD design tools, and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
- Delivering application training to our clients, and industry-related technical presentations at seminars, workshops, conferences, user groups, both onsite and remotely. Customize training solutions where applicable.
- Providing implementation solutions and application support for client workflows.
- Acting as a brand ambassador always seizing opportunities to increase IMAGINiT’s visibility in the marketplace.
- Significant involvement in pre-sales proposals and customer communications
- Participating in needs assessments
- Working with sales executives to prepare statements of work (SOWs)
- Maintaining an expert level understanding of relevant technologies and workflows
- Developing IMAGINiT intellectual property for the Manufacturing industry
- Providing consulting, education/training and services across North America
- Communicating with project managers and other stakeholders
- Completing technical documentation
- Tracking time and expenses
- 40+ hours per week, with a high degree of flexibility. Deadline-driven
- Additional hours for travel and to successfully accomplish the goals of the job
- Travel is expected to be 40-50% based on project requirements
- Travel destinations will primarily be domestic, and occasionally to Canada so you must have a valid passport or be eligible to attain one
WHAT SETS YOU APART?
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with both 2D and 3D design processes, the benefits of 3D design, and a working knowledge of the methods by which an organization might transition from a 2D-centric workflow to a 3D-centric workflow.
- Relevant experience with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD required.
- Experience with a PDM application would be beneficial – Autodesk Vault preferred.
- Deep knowledge of product design workflows relevant to the manufacturing process required (sales, purchasing, etc.)
- Relevant technology implementation experience required, such as CAD/CAM/CAE, Visualization, PDM, Digital Manufacturing, PLM.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication, training/teaching, presentation and organizational skills, and self-discipline.
- Initiative with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Engineering and/or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions, departments, cultures, geographies and time zones.
- Proven excellence in written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple duties and projects.
An ideal candidate will also have: energy, enthusiasm, edge, and a willingness to be open to new ideas. Oh, plus all that other stuff that every job description states such as:
- Business Savvy and an opportunity seeker
- Enthusiastic with a passion for excellence
- Professional, honest, and ethical
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- The opportunity to be part of a company where you’ll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment
- The opportunity to work with other talented and awesome people!
WHY WORK AT IMAGINiT?
- We are a company on the move with the rich legacy of 20 plus years in the business, but the energy of a startup!
- If you are a person who wants to make a difference in your customers’ lives, have confidence in your ability to succeed, love a challenge, thrive on change, and are a self-starter, don’t just think about it- IMAGINiT with an industry-leading technology company!
- When you work with an industry leader, you expect more. At IMAGINiT Technologies, we offer a competitive salary, a performance-based bonus, and excellent benefits. Our benefits include:
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays, Sick and Vacation Time
Don’t just think about it – IMAGINiT with an industry-leading technology company!
Visit us at http://www.imaginit.com for more information.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must be authorized to work in the U.S for any employer without company sponsorship.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Autodesk, Inventor, Vault, AutoCAD, CAD, engineering, manufacturing, pre sales, post sales, training, design, 3D, PDM, consulting